My workflow, what is your workflow MacOSX?

Started by applewide, June 07, 2014, 10:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

applewide

hi guys

Let's get to it

1 using MLVMystic to convert all footage MLV to DNG

2 using lightroom to color grade and export to tiff (this takes lots of time) works with multiple footage

3 using quicktime to open each footage one by one

For the third one, anyone knows how to convert multiple footage tif to mov ? I can take the first and the second but third is taking lots of time.

ML is worth to use it in my opinion

jimmyD30

If you use DaVinci Resolve (or similar I guess) to color grade, then just open DNGs in there and export as ProRes. But before that I use ACR to at least do lens correction and then export from After Effects as animation, any exposure/color correction in ACR may cause flickering (maybe just in Auto mode?).

spnsir

1. MLVMystic MLV/RAW to DNG
2. Davinci Resolve Lite. Open DNG Sequences, manually link audio in media bin using keyboard shortcut (cmd-optn-L or cmd-ctrl-L - forget), set clips to use BMDFilm, highlight recovery, sharpness of 25, create timeline, adjust white balance as needed, export individual clips as ProRes 4444
3. Edit in Premiere and send to client. Most of my work is quick turn-around and low budget so I don't export proxies in step 2 to colour in Resolve (as a step 4)

applewide

Quote from: spnsir on June 07, 2014, 07:34:33 PM
1. MLVMystic MLV/RAW to DNG
2. Davinci Resolve Lite. Open DNG Sequences, manually link audio in media bin using keyboard shortcut (cmd-optn-L or cmd-ctrl-L - forget), set clips to use BMDFilm, highlight recovery, sharpness of 25, create timeline, adjust white balance as needed, export individual clips as ProRes 4444
3. Edit in Premiere and send to client. Most of my work is quick turn-around and low budget so I don't export proxies in step 2 to colour in Resolve (as a step 4)

this is fast? i like to do grading in lightroom

spnsir

yeah my grading is just curves, tints, tritone, etc in premiere