5dmkIII MlRaw videos

Started by The Director, June 05, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Director

Hi guys!

All shot on RAW - Sandisk Extreme Pro CompactFlash 160MB/s 32GB
I'm really like crop-mode (2-2.5K) - it's great feature!
edit by Adobe Premiere
Color Grading - ACR + After Effects
Ask questions - I will answer everything
sorry for my bad English)

elfrabo

Beautiful video's. Very good color grading!

5DMKIII FULL HD RAW + 50fps: did I miss something? 50 fps RAW? Is that for real?

What lenses did you use?

The Director

Thanks!) 50fps at RAW real at 1920x515, then stretch to 1920x818. - https://cloud.mail.ru/public/73ef12ca9d86/Comp.mp4

Lenses : Canon 100mm 2.0, Canon 50mm 1.4, Tokina 16-28mm f2.8

egc

Nice movies, no doubt, but once there existed film makers like Tarkovskij, for sure with much less possibilities,  but they had no need to imitate Hollywood style movies to be great ...

Viva blue and orange!!!

jimmyD30

Africashot

Very nice work! What flat profile did you use (vision log or the paid cinelog?) also what was your base LUT?
Re: @egc; after this sort of statement it would be nice if you'd post a link to your all innovative style, not inspired by anything that ever existed before, something you know, in line with Tarkovsky's work for instance, if you can't provide us with that you'll just prove to be a troll criticizing the work of others because of their choice in color palette.
ML 5D2 & T3i

The Director

Quote from: egc on July 18, 2014, 04:04:53 AM
Nice movies, no doubt, but once there existed film makers like Tarkovskij, for sure with much less possibilities,  but they had no need to imitate Hollywood style movies to be great ...
Viva blue and orange!!!
Hi! What do you mean "imitate Hollywood style"? I am surprised with comparison with Tarkovsky, it's funny - I first time took the camera in hand a year ago))
You think i have much less possibilities?) Why?))
Now it is necessary to be very rich person to shot films like Tarkovsky))
Quote from: jimmyD30 on July 18, 2014, 01:52:55 PM
Nice work! Color grading looks great!
Thanks!)
Quote from: Africashot on July 18, 2014, 03:34:31 PM
Very nice work! What flat profile did you use (vision log or the paid cinelog?) also what was your base LUT?
Thanks, I didn't use any LOG or LUT in that clips ;)

Africashot

Quote from: The Director on July 18, 2014, 08:08:11 PM
Thanks, I didn't use any LOG or LUT in that clips ;)
Interesting, how did you achieve the desaturated look shown on the screenshots prior color grading then?
ML 5D2 & T3i

The Director

The Director

It from the category homevideo.
With foul language, a trash, awful jolting (all from drunk hands), a bad sound and floating whitebalance (the autobalance, appears, in dynamics an awful thing) if for you it is critical - better not to look))
p.s. final scene just for fun-joke

Canon eos m

Awesome stuff. Where do I learn to shoot and color grade like that.

I have a 5dm3 and the Adobe CC 2014 package.

Would love to learn from you. Please advise where and how to start.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

The Director

My English is too bad to teach people) Main thing - start doing. Learn-understand color, study colouristics. I received the most part of the experience when did the showreel.

For a start I would advise this Color Grading Tutorial
https://vimeo.com/56587479

nahlanee

but I don't understand. if you haven't used a flat picture style or anything, how did you get this flat picture? or have you flattened it after filming and then color corrected and graded it? what settings did you use on the camera?

The Director

Quoteor have you flattened it after filming
yes, i'm just look what i have in the shadows.
in last time i used visionlog.
Quotewhat settings did you use on the camera?
which settings interest you?

nahlanee

did you use a normal picture style from canon like "neutral" or "normal" and did you change it somehow?

The Director

This videos - only RAW.
When i shoot h264 - "neutral" -4contrast & sharp

chmee

hmm. You should mention, that the footage you used in this colorgrade-video isnt yours..
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

The Director

For this reason video is called COLOR GRADE showreel. It is ONLY about color. Unfortunately I don't know to whom original footage's belong (except for mine). but you are right - I noted it

Kharak

Really nice colour grading!

Very nice colours, maybe a tad too much orange and teal for my taste, but still very very nice!
once you go raw you never go back

The Director

Thanks!) I love light teel&orange, but in last time more like true film color

Tiffen UltraContrast 3 Filter + VisionLOG = cinematic footage  8)
now i didn't use ACR, just standart features in after effects

TKez

That last image looks really nice.
How much do you think the Tiffen filter contributed to the look?
I'm assuming its a physical filter and not the plugin?
How many light sources?

The Director

Yes, its a physical filter

I think filter get realy film look

light sources?

SiSS

I guess he means lights, how many and what lights? Or only the sun?

I'm interested about the Don Donut clip:
http://vimeo.com/100784864
Very well done!

What lights did you use there?
I would love it if you could break down the lenses used in different shots (first 7 shots, 20 sek.)!

Cheers,
S