"Impossible Shot" on a MōVI w/Magic Lantern

Started by AnotherDave, June 03, 2014, 03:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherDave

Here is a link to the first "Impossible Shot" that we did using a custom/homebrew (MōVI) camera gimbal that I built, and a 5D3 shooting raw.

Also, here is a link to a video of the gimbal that I built.

chmee

hell. this looks like a lot of fun to work with it.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

jimmyD30

NICE! I like the way you went through the opening in the wall, the continuous single shot looks great, did you hand off the camera to someone on the other side?

I used to work in a machine shop, so I imagine you used fork lift for the last 'crane' shot, looks good, love the point of view, but a little rocky, maybe you can fix in post?

MrTodd

I love it man. Excellent work. Osiris M31 ?

How much could you make me one for?    Less than the Movi one I suspect  ;)
Some Canon stuff and some other stuff too. You can't polish a turd but shit does wipe off.

nick.p

You lost horizontal at the end but that's diy brushless gimbals for ya.

poromaa

Your gimbal seem very solid! I bought the came-tv version which works well, but when I load it with 3kg the motors are too weak. What motors did you use and how did you build the frame?

AnotherDave

Thanks.  It's a hand-off threw the window in the office, then hooked onto a single pulley ($2.85) and a steel cable (free) to the ceiling.  There was no crane involved, and the reason for the sake at the end is because a single cable pulley causes the top bar to spin - all things considered... the gimbal performed outstandingly.

I'd honestly say that this gimbal (all things considered) out performs the M10 from Freefly in a variety of ways.

I'm glad you all likely it!  I'm planning on pushing for lots of these kinds of shots in the future - they're tons of fun to dream up.

jimmyD30

Yes, fun to watch also, very creative too...

frank007

8) ya, very interesting to watch and inspiring!
www.linkdelight.com - Affordable Photographic equipment and accessory!