In LV only the Canon screen shows. Was fine until a few minutes ago.

Started by Paul_O, June 18, 2014, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_O

I'm using ML (v2.3,502.212) on a 5DII.  It has performed fine since I installed it.  Earlier today when turning on live view, the canon LV screen was shown and not the ML screen.  I can only image that I pressed a bottom and caused it to revert back to using the standard Canon LV screen.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Paul_O

I just tried pressing Info many times.  It just cycles through the 4 Canon displays: Magnify box only, adds the bottom of the screen, adds the left side , adds the histogram (the Canon one).   Getting the ML histogram is one of the main reasons I'm using ML as it is much more accurate. 

Walter Schulz

Canon menu showing after pressing trashcan button?
If yes: Global draw enabled for liveview?

Paul_O

Paul_O

... I'm on last day of 9 in Iceland.    Only stopped at my final location in the middle of shooting a series of images with different lenses.  I return home tomorrow.

kihlbahkt

Did you change cards? Did you format the card? Can you verify that ML files exist on the card? If ML is properly structured and has all the files the ML UI should be in the LCD when you hit trash button. It sounds like ML is not loaded. Weird, I cant think of a setting that hides ML entirely with an errant button push.
600D x2

Paul_O

Thanks for the reply. 
I did not change cards or format the card.  I have since downloaded all images to my mac and I can see that the ML files are on the card. Note: I DO see the ML menus when I press the trash button and can cycle through them and change values.

Paul_O

... the only thing that seems to be wrong is that I cannot get the ML live view display.  I only get the Canon displays.

a1ex

There is some fine print at the bottom of ML menu. Try reading it loud (and post it here).

Paul_O

Hi Alex - glad you came on.
Print is small, I may have to wait till i get home and have magnifier to be absolutely sure.  Here's what I think it says:
Hidden:  Zoom  In     : Pr.
Magic Lantern version: v2.3.502.212
Mercurial changeset   : 7fee07c3b461+ (unified) tip
Built on 2012-07-23  16:07:27 by alex@thinkpad.

a1ex

Are you sure this appears when you try to enable the histogram?

Paul_O

Now I'm confused.  I'm not sure how to enable to histogram.  In the menu, OverLay panel, I have Histogran:  RGB,Lin,clip warn and it's green at the left of the line. 

a1ex

Paul_O

Alex,  I think the upload will have to wait.  The only way I know how to do this is to shoot a pix of the screen and upload that. Would need another camera. All other settings besides Histogram are off, if that helps.

a1ex

There is a menu entry called "Screenshot". Guess what it does ;)

Also, try to go back to reply #9 and follow the instructions.

Paul_O

Sorry to be such a pain. ...But I have menus: Audio,Expo,Overlay,Movie,Shoot,Focus,Display,Prefs,Debug,Help
Sone of the entries are "Screenshot".   ???
Also...I'm going to have to delay my responses until tomorrow.  I'm checking out of my hotel and heading for the airport.  Will arrive home late tonight.    Thanks for your help.

Paul_O

Audionut

Try looking in the debug menu.
You have 10 seconds after pressing the button, to get to the screen wanted for capture.  Then the screenshot will take place, and the camera will beep at you.

You need to look harder if you want the developer to keep helping you.  Show some effort.