LCDsensor Remote - halfpressed/pressed mode

Started by n8hawk, June 01, 2014, 02:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n8hawk

Hi,

I tried to find an option for an alternative shutter release, because I have no hand/finger functons in the right hand after a spinal cord injury half a life ago.
My first choice was a left-side button like the dof-button.
Unfortunately this seems to be impossible.

After testing the LCDsensor Remote shutter I thought about a two step release similar to the half press/press usage of the normal shutter.
F.e. :
covering the sensor --> focus (half click)
uncover for more then 0.5s --> release
recover within 0.5s --> click (take a picture)

is this possible?
It would be nice to be able to adjust the (0.5s) delay to personal requirements.

BR,
Tim

a1ex

Makes sense, and it's possible to implement. If anyone wants to try, start in lcdsensor.c and modify lcd_release_step. Probably adding a new option (after the 3 existing ones) would be the easiest way.

The front-end part is in shoot.c for some historical reasons; in the process, you may want to refactor it and move it to lcdsensor.c.

blade

I just wanted to request a similar feature. A friend uses a Panasonic, and they have the option to use the LCD sensor for autofocus. So if you move the camera to your eye, the camera starts autofocus or half shutter press. This can be a neat feature. Of course not as needed as the request from n8hawk. 

n8hawk, have you considered using a battery grip? http://www.camerashop.nl/product/178459/category-182632-battery-grip-voor-canon-cameras/canon-bg-e11-battery-grip.html The shutter butten is alo present on the device, maybe on a beetr location for you?

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

n8hawk

hey blade,
I already thought about that option.
but adding a battery pack to the cam makes it even more difficult to handle.
there are some other options, but the requested feature is by far the best option.
unfortunately I have no programming skills at all.
anyone out there who may help us?

BR,
Tim

blade

Unfortunately I also have no programming skills. lets hope that one of the devs picks this up!

a1ex

blade

haha a1ex, you would almost tempt me to give it a try, however my coding skill are virtually non existent.

Can it be added to this list? http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9625.0. ?

n8hawk

hey guys, how about blades question?
may this feature be added to that thread?
Can I request it myself?

regards,
Tim