SHORT: Unexpected

Started by drapeama, December 15, 2013, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drapeama

Just wanted to share my last short film, which took roughly 6 months to complete. I had a lot of fun shooting it with the kid and 3 friends!
I know I'm not a writer in the soul, so the story is pretty basic and predictable. I've put a good amount of time and work into the Cinematography and Audio mix. Let me know what you think, I'm open for criticism, positive or not!
Thanks for your time!

Youtube with English subtitles:

Vimeo link, French only:
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

Tongotongo

Very good , y eso que no se francés.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

drapeama

Quote from: Tongotongo on December 15, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
Very good , y eso que no se francés.
Well, the Youtube link has English subtitles!
Thanks for watching it!
[SIZE=1]I DO IT BECAUSE I CAN. I CAN BECAUSE I WANT TO. I WANT TO BECAUSE YOU SAID I COULDN'T.[/SIZE]

Floris S

Hi,

Personally I think the color grading and music are a bit much, I think a more subtle approach would have been better.
But good work.
Ware in France was it shot?

Gr

drapeama

Quote from: Floris S on December 22, 2013, 03:41:49 PMPersonally I think the color grading and music are a bit much, I think a more subtle approach would have been better.
Ware in France was it shot?
1) Thanks for the feedback! I think it's an aesthetic choice then. I don't like when things look "too" real on-screen. A movie should not look "too" real imho, as it's a piece of fiction.
2) It's been shot in Québec, Canada.