ML After ~Feb18 Only Continuously Records for 8:13 On All CF cards

Started by erek, June 02, 2014, 03:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erek

I have noticed that sometime after the Feb 18th 2014 Nightly builds that I can't seem to continuously record for longer than 8:13 exactly across three separate CF cards.  1x 64GB Lexar 1000x, and 2x 64GB Lexar 1066x cards.  I am using the mlv_rec, and mlv_snd modules along with the ETTR one.  My camera is the 5D3 and i'm only doing 1080p 24fps.  I've been sticking with the Feb 18th nightly for now, but was wondering if anyone else had this problem of newer builds stopping at exactly 8:!3?

jimmyD30

Sounds odd, but I'm still using Feb 16 build, so I can't really say anything about the Feb 18 build.

A suggestion for while you're waiting for answers, try changing the frame rate or resolution and see what happens. This will help determine whether it's a file size or recording time related issue.

Also, make sure your auto-shutoff in the canon menu is off or set to like 30 mins.

erek

no problems with the Feb 18th build, but sometime after it all the way til current there is a problem with recording beyond 8:13 continuously as far as i can tell

redaber

nope , got the entire CF full with continioous recording (komputerbay 64gb)

Midphase

Yesterday we did a shoot with my 5D3 on the May 16 build. Some of our takes exceeded 10 minutes without any issue whatsoever.

My cards are all formatted ExFAT with the >4Gb option enabled.