Thread maintainers (60D / 550D / 600D) specfic discussion

Started by Audionut, May 30, 2014, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audionut

Looking for people who may like to maintain camera specific discussion for 60D, 550D and 600D.

It could be something simple to get the discussion started, something more detailed like the 5D3 thread by a1ex, the 5D2 thread by Ted, or anything in between.

Ideally it would be someone who owns these cameras, and knows of any specific details.

There are currently no firmware installers for these cameras.  However, escho may have an installer for the 600D soon, and I'm pretty sure that an effort on your part in getting the camera specific discussion started, will probably move the firmware installers towards the top of a1ex' todo list.   ;)

With these installers, basic (un)installation procedures can be added to the OP's.

QuoteNightly builds: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/

Installation:
1) Format the card from the camera.
2) Make sure you are running Canon firmware ?.?.?.
3) Copy ML files on the card and run Firmware Update.

Uninstallation:
1) Run Firmware Update from your ML card.
2) Follow the instructions.

I can provide any help needed in creating these threads, and maintaining them.

Thanks.

a1ex

Also, once we have installers for all these cameras, I think we can remove the old v2.3 download, cleanup the website and focus on a solid rolling release.

escho

Quote from: Audionut on May 30, 2014, 01:06:43 PM
However, escho may have an installer for the 600D soon,

Didn´t realize a discussion about missing installers. So, what do you need for the 600D? The fir-file from v2.3  copied to platform-path of the 600D? If that is all, I can do a pull request for this.

The other thing with the edmac-cahennels, which break the nightly for 600D: Since yesterday, I,m working on it. But many free channels don´t give me the results, I espected. I get only plain white frames. Something is going wrong here.  I guess, I need some time for testing.

The third thing of missing stubs: I didn´t realize a discussion about needed stubs, too. I have to read the posts from alex.

Sorry, that I cannot follow all discussions in ML-forum in a way that I want. My time is a bit restricted at the moment

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

ItsMeLenny

When I installed on my 550D there was a .fir to install. Does that not work anymore?

Also, is this camera specific discussions for "60, 550, and 600" or "60", "550", and "600",
as in, one discussion for the 3 cameras, or all separate.

If the latter, then I can do 550D.

Audionut

@escho, sorry, I mistook the stubs discussion for installer discussion  ::)

Stubs needed are these ones.

@Lenny

You must be thinking of the old installer for 2.3.  Need updated installers for the nightlies.  Separate discussion threads.  And thanks.

ItsMeLenny

Was this postponed, or did you still need a 550D specific discussion?
Or was I just meant to make it myself in the Camera specific discussion board?

Audionut

If you start the thread, you get edit permissions to keep it updated.   :)

Shoot me a PM if you need some specific help.

Audionut

ItsMeLenny has kicked off the 550D thread.

Still looking for someone to start 60D/600D threads to help keep them updated.  Else I'll start some this weekend myself, and try my best to keep it updated.

ItsMeLenny

Both the 60D and 600D have v2.3 stable builds, so their tutorials could just essentially mimic the one I'm doing for the 550D, with numbers replaced and links replaced.

Though I'm not done with the tutorial yet :P

keikun007

i can create the 60d thread
i believe we already have the installer

Aasikki

I'd me more than happy to start topic for 600D. I've had this camera modded with ML for 2 years now and can say I know pretty much everything about ml on this grate camera! How can I start the thread?

Audionut

If you don't have permission to start the thread over here, just create a new thread anywhere, PM me the link and I can move it.

Aasikki

irvcobb

Please forgive my lack of understanding, but I'm curious as to the status of ML for the 600D. The most recent build available is magiclantern-Nightly.2015Apr19.600D102.zip, but I see that other cameras have much more recent builds. I also see that there is no thread for the 600D on the Camera-specific discussion portion of this forum, and that https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/600D.102/ states that the project is disabled.

Is the 600D no longer supported? Or do more recent ML builds include code that does not apply to the 600D and therefore no new builds for it? Or (most likely) do I simply not understand how the ML build process and availability works?

Irv

Avenger 2.0

Quote from: irvcobb on June 10, 2015, 09:59:09 PM
Please forgive my lack of understanding, but I'm curious as to the status of ML for the 600D. The most recent build available is magiclantern-Nightly.2015Apr19.600D102.zip, but I see that other cameras have much more recent builds. I also see that there is no thread for the 600D on the Camera-specific discussion portion of this forum, and that https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/job/600D.102/ states that the project is disabled.

Is the 600D no longer supported? Or do more recent ML builds include code that does not apply to the 600D and therefore no new builds for it? Or (most likely) do I simply not understand how the ML build process and availability works?

Irv

I've the same question. Looks to me like the 550D and 600D are almost identical. Not sure why 600D is now disabled. Anyone know something more?

Walter Schulz

There is a maintainer for 550D. There is no maintainer for 600D.

Avenger 2.0

I've created a maintainer thread for the Canon 600D, since I have two 600D camera's to test on and have been using ML for some time now.
I'm planning to be more active on the forum and hopefully this will result in new nightly builds for the 600D :)
See http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15360.0

DeafEyeJedi

That's superb news -- Thanks for sharing @Avenger 2.0 and this will definitely make a lot of people excited!

Perhaps I could pick one up for $300 or less if need more beta testers on board...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Avenger 2.0

Who do I have to email/PM to get the link on the build page to link to the new maintainer thread?

developerphp

magic lantern-Nightly.2016Jan12.600D102 not work on canon EOS 600d. LED blinks continuously.

Walter Schulz

If you have a spare card: Format using cardreader. Format using cam. Copy extracted nightly build contents to card and run firmware update. Post results.

developerphp

with earlier versions of nightly builds no problem.

I tried to update the firmware. without result

Walter Schulz

a1ex

The 600D build was disabled for a reason. Deleted latest build.