Resizing problems with After Effects

Started by jaeill, May 30, 2014, 07:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeill

First off let me start off by saying I am completely new to Video editing and have found this forum immensely helpful in getting me to ALMOST start shooting RAW videos.  I am currently using a Canon 700D and am converting my RAW videos to DNG and rendering them in After effects as MOV files to use in Premiere.  I was shooting my RAW videos in 1280x720 in 16:9 aspect ratio.  Now here's my problem...when I open the DNG files in After Effects the video is resized and looks like its zoomed in.  I took two videos to try to compare video quality, one with RAW(720) and one without (1080).  Both videos were done without moving the camera on a tripod, but when I look at the rendered DNG files they are resized.  I'm sure there is some very obvious noob mistake I'm making here since I am very new to all this aspect ratio and resolution rendering stuff.  I've been trying to research this topic online but have had no luck.  What resolution and aspect ratio should I be recording my RAW videos in to get good quality? And how do I render the video so nothing gets cut off?  Thank you all for any help you can give me!

simulacro

If your videos are changing it's size maybe the size of the AE composition is bigger than your video frame size? go to the menu composition and change the size and aspect ratio command+k ---- control+k

HeldvomFeld

Well, quite the opposite! If it seems like it has zoomed in, the composition is SMALLER than the video, therefore only showing the center part of it. Make sure the composition is the same size as the frames (1280x720).