I've seen 1920x1280, how do they do it

Started by colbernrae, May 28, 2014, 03:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colbernrae

Hi,

I have seen a few vimeo videos with the 5d3 at 1920x1280 24p or 23.976. I really want to record at this resolution because this gives closer to 2.35:1 with a 1.5x iscorama. Are these few people just lucky to have really good cards or is there some kind of consensus as to the best card for this work? At the moment I cannot find any consensus view that there is anything out there better than komputerbay 64gb 1000xs. I don't need continuous recording, a few hundred frames would do me, i don't need to do long takes.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Audionut

colbernrae

sure, i read them, i just could not find any consensus as to a card good enough for 98.3MBs required for 1920x1280. Someone said a komputerbay 64GB 1000x did it for him, someone else said lexar 64GB 1000x could do it. I think it is just hit and miss if you are lucky to get a good card...

Audionut

Well..... people are individuals, so they are likely to have different opinions.

When I research purchasing decisions such as this, I look at the statistics, and try and read through any bias.

10 people say such and such is a good card, 2 people say no good.
4 people say another card is good, 2 people say no good.

The top option seems best, as it contains a 5:1 positive response vs 2:1.  With the bias part, I add extra credit to those responses that are detailed.
"This card sucks" is a useless response, and can be safely removed from the statistics.

I believe the general consensus is the fastest Lexar card in 32 or 64GB.  You can try the Komputerbay equivalent, however the chances of getting a card that doesn't meet expectations, is significantly higher.