Map the Main Dial to change ISO?

Started by AsherVast, May 28, 2014, 03:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsherVast

Feel free to link me if this has been discussed previously or if it's already a feature but how do you map the Main Dial to change your ISO that doesn't require you to hit the ISO button first? It would be really awesome to be able to flip through ISOs in mid shoot without having to fumble around with those tiny buttons! Is it possible for the Main Dial to be not dependent on first pressing the ISO button?

http://www.dehavendigital.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/MG_5783.jpg

Audionut

Start at page 321 of you camera manual.

AsherVast

I have tried this and there are only two options available. They shutter speed and ISO, When selecting ISO, this does not remove the requirement for having tofirst press the ISO button first before selecting the ISO with the Main Dial. The funny thing is, if you select shutter as the assignment for the Main Dial, no buttons are required to be pressed before the main dial will change the shutter speed. For some reason, this is not the case with ISO.

Audionut

Try looking at the SET buttons options.

Marsu42

Quote from: Audionut on May 28, 2014, 08:31:49 AM
Try looking at the SET buttons options.

At least on 6d, it's possible with stock Canon fw to set iso with the back dial when SET is pressed which makes it more or less unusable for me since I'm no circus artist and am not able to do this with right-hand only operation while keeping the camera perfectly still. Lifting this requirement (and adding the feature for older cameras) so any chosen dial would modify iso w/o pressing set would be welcome, though not really crucial. It's a part of the "map buttons/dials to various Canon/ML functions" really.