how to prevent the camera from turning off LiveView after 30 minutes?

Started by ali125, May 28, 2014, 03:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali125

Is there anyway to Prevent the LCD Monitor from Turning Off Automatically? I mean how to prevent the camera from turning off LiveView after 30 minutes? I use canon 5D mark II and have installed ML recently.

I want the live view mode to stay on (without recording movie) indefinitely (with external power supply for at least 5 hours)? is there anyway?

I read somewhere that the "silent picture" mode may help!

Ali

ali125

ted ramasola

Quote from: ali125 on June 04, 2014, 04:27:28 PM
why no one is answering this thread?
Because its a question that has been asked and answered over and over in this forum. You would have known if you bothered to do a search and read. And you should have understood that since this post was transferred to duplicate questions section.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

vertigopix

Search a little in the forum and please, stop spaming our mailboxes with the same question..

ali125

I read through all 6 pages of duplicate, I am new to this forum and would very much appreciate some patience. I am stuck and would appreciate any help I can get. is there a link to one of the response.
all the links in the duplicate page (all 6 pages) indicates that they are new posts.

Walter Schulz

"Duplicate Questions" is ML's community garbage bin, therefore not containing the answers already been given to this question in the past. Put your search skills to work *outside* the garbage bin.

reddeercity

As I have a 5D2 I Just press the half shutter button to reset the time counter. The limit is 29:59 minutes for live view and can not be change as its in the Canon firmware.

And yes its very hard to find information on the forum, There is posts every where and for New people it a nightmare.
I don't have a problem answering these type of questions, as some on the forum think it's better to put down people because there can't find the answer , but in truth
because the same question keeps coming up that would indicate that the Topic was never answered properly.
As there say,  "one persons garbage is another persons gold" :D 

arkonshooter

Appreciate the few people that actually replied with an answer to this question.
Solved this issue when using an old 5Dmark iii as a webcam years later from this post.

All these other "duplicate" questions don't mention 5Dmark iii so they never appeared in a google search, so thank you for the people that actually took two seconds to answer the question rather than just belittle the person in need of help.

This was super helpful for this webcam use-case.
External HDMI recorder:
Enable the Clear Overlays feature to hide the focus box and the 16:9 bars.
Make the half-shutter button sticky (Prefs menu) to prevent the camera from turning off LiveView after 30 minutes.

Walter Schulz

Outdated.
Sticky half-shutter was a workaround with side-effects.

A better solution (a real one) today: lua_fix build (or any build based on it).
Prefs tab -> PowerSave in LiveView -> 30-minute timer Disabled.

Asked and answered frequently.