Exif data (inc. gps) in silent dng

Started by Marsu42, May 28, 2014, 08:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

It would be nice if the (well, 6d for now) would add [edit: the usual suspect lens/camera exif data inc.] the current gps information to silent dng pictures so you can skip adding the geo tags from the tracklog later on. Currently, chdk-dng says: "Code stripped down a bit, since we don't care about GPS and advanced exif stuff (at least for now)"

Not a very pressing issue, but I'd like to add a feature request here as a reminder if someone works on gps or dng anyway.

Audionut

I think silent pics needs to refactored first, as no exif data is added, let alone GPS information.

Marsu42

Quote from: Audionut on May 28, 2014, 08:50:47 AM
I think silent pics needs to refactored first, as no exif data is added, let alone GPS information.

None at all? My, that shows how seldom I use silent pix since there's no matrix/full res mode in the dng version :-\ ... I've updated the feature request accordingly.

a1ex

Well, just the minimal set that happened to be enough to open the file and pass the validation :P

garry23

All

May I make a plea for someone to 'correct' the missing Silent Picture 'baseline' EXIF data, ie exposure time, ISO and aperature.

For taking single or burst captures, or timelapses at a fixed exposure, I can easily add in the missing EXIF data.

The issue is when doing an A-ETTR holy grail sequence, where the exposure (shutter time and/or ISO) is changing on a 'random' and frequent basis.

Bottom line: I big plea to 'fix' the silient picture missing EXIF data.