DSLR for Music Videos - 50D?

Started by EVZML, May 26, 2014, 03:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVZML

Hello,

I'm searching for a very low budget DSLR that can record RAW videos, for music video production (released only on youtube). I looked around and compared some videos on vimeo. I think the 50D is the right one for me, it shoots videos in 1584x894 continous, and is really cheap.
But now I have a question. I actually shoot videos with different Canon DSLRs (without magic lantern!), and I know it stops after you recorded 4GB file. That was no problem for me, because 4GB is enough to record 3-4minutes (=length of a music video). But when I shoot in RAW, I read that it needs 4GB for 1minute!
So that's a problem. Is there any hack so it can split RAW video files, so I can record continous 3-4minutes?

Have already searched the forum, but did not really found a answer.

Thanks for any help!
...and sorry for my english, I'm from Germany.

Midphase

It is really strange that you have searched the forums and not found the answer since it has been discussed and cleared up so many times.

Just a quick search for the term "4Gb Limit" revealed tons of threads with the answer you're looking for.

Having said that, yes, ML auto splits files in 4Gb segments so that you can record as long as there is space on the CF card.