Sandisk Extreme Pro 256GB - I have one and can test it on my MKii

Started by jonbobshinigin, May 21, 2014, 11:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonbobshinigin

As title says, I've got a this card from a friend to use and can run a series of tests and post results if this has not been done already. I am fairly new to Magic Lantern but if you outline what you'd like for me to test, I can do it!

ted ramasola

can you do an in-camera format and see if it will still be 256gig after format? The 256gig KB 1200x we tested will be reduced in capacity after an in-camera format.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

jonbobshinigin

I've tried an in camera format before and it just hung for 15 minutes or so. I had to remove the battery to get it to turn off. This is with or without ML installed. As for the 256gb, I believe it is correct as along the way somewhere it wanted to make the card 128gb and it took me a while to repair it to the full 256GB. I'll have to max the card out and see if it stops at 128GB.

feureau

That's very good write speed. So, can you fill the whole 256GB?

With MLV raw? :3

jonbobshinigin

All of my testing so far has been with rebuild .RAW format. I am now using MLV and will post more. So far it freaks out and crashes the card as I approach the 128GB mark. I Hope to do most testing soon; let me know if there is something something specific you'd like to see.