EOS-M C-mount, Trip to Mt. Wilson Observatory

Started by AnthonyEngelken, April 13, 2014, 11:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnthonyEngelken

Captured some random footage yesterday with my M while exploring the Mt. Wilson Observatory. Purchased a modified Computar 12.5-75mm f/1.2 C-mount lens on eBay a few weeks ago and wanted to give it a test run. All captured in h.264 at CBR 3.0x using Technicolor CineStyle. 1080p/23.97fps with no fps override, ISO 100 and 1/50 shutter, all in 600d movie crop-mode (2.7x crop). Video was graded hastily using MB Looks by way of AE. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=746116892086750&l=7263547619848187406

LeicaFan

Thank you for sharing this video. I especially liked the clip shot thru foliage of the buildings & vehicle behind security fencing. It had a spy movie quality to it which I appreciated. I do have a question/comment. The footage looks strongly over-exposed to my eye and even on my retina screened iPad I couldnt see anything halfway close to being called a black. Was this an aesthetic choice or the result of software settings? Or is the lens that lacking in contrast?
Once again, glad to have seen the clip.
Richard in Michigan

AnthonyEngelken

Quote from: LeicaFan on July 09, 2014, 11:43:58 PM
Was this an aesthetic choice or the result of software settings? Or is the lens that lacking in contrast?

Great question, and totally and aesthetic choice. I had decided that for this video, I wanted it to feel sort of vintage like an old episode of Nova, so that's the way I colored the footage. I was trying out a bunch of old movie lenses at the time, and it was really just the mood I was in.