FPS override is not working on crop mode - 5dmk3 1.1.3

Started by Sapphiron, May 20, 2014, 08:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sapphiron

Hello.

In normal 1920x1080 or 1920x720 FPS override is working perfectly...

When i switch to crop mode 2560x960 it automaticly ignores FPS override and goes to 30fps.  It sometimes works (white exposure data - for example 1/50 f1.4) but mostly not working at the same exposure (exposure data is red). I don't know what does those colors mean (red or white) and why FPS override is not working...

Do you have any clue what to do?

5dmk3 1.1.3
KomputerBay 128Gb 1066x
Fresh build from yesterday.

ted ramasola

On the mkIII IIRC that it does not work with EXACT FRAMERATE. Try LOW LIGHT in the fps override submenu. I don't have a mkIII but I recalled mentioning this issue back then, though I was testing the v 123 on someone's else's mkIII.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a1ex

It was about Ted's advice, which does not make sense to me.

For you... post some screenshots or a video showing the problem. The FPS indicator is not colored, so you may be reading something else.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

ted ramasola

;) it was a long shot advice, I recalled installing ML on a mkIII using v123 and saw the exposure in LV seemed to be in auto when I change fps override. You answered that;

"On 5D3, only the low light FPS override will change the exposure (and the change is a linear scaling). All the other modes will keep the same exposure." -this was your reply last April, so I was thinking the OP was having the same issues, maybe I'm getting drowsy here and did not understand fully his problem... ;)
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

a1ex

Well, he said it isn't working (as in, it goes back to 30fps). I've played with it yesterday and it was working.

If he wants to keep the same exposure, he should stay away from low light (so, the opposite of what you suggested).

Sapphiron

Quote from: a1ex on May 20, 2014, 10:44:55 AM
It was about Ted's advice, which does not make sense to me.

For you... post some screenshots or a video showing the problem. The FPS indicator is not colored, so you may be reading something else.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

well it's not fps indicator that is white/red but exposure data such as 1/50s f1.4 or something else here, no matter what it's red on crop 2560x960 and force 24fps is not working... This is a mlv problem... In raw_rec - well no problem with 2560x960@24fps with constans writing about 102mb/s

KelvinK

FPS override doesn't work on 6D either with mlvrec in crop mode. If you set it to 2fps it still records as 24fps.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

a1ex

Sapphiron

Quote from: KelvinK on May 21, 2014, 11:52:39 AM
FPS override doesn't work on 6D either with mlvrec in crop mode. If you set it to 2fps it still records as 24fps.

Well, if it record in 24fps I would be happy... but it records in 29,97 and it's to damn high for 1066x card...