5D MK3 & External HDMI monitor Overlays

Started by Budders, May 19, 2014, 08:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budders

Hi all,

So I'm looking to shoot my first short tomorrow on my 5D3 with the Raw MLV video, and am just prepping my setup, however I'm noticing something that's slightly annoying. It may be fixable, it may just be that it doesn't work and I'll have to deal with it for now.

So I tried plugging in my Zacuto EVF through the mini HDMI on my 5D3, and when I have HDMI Mirroring turned off on the canon menu, I get the regular image with ML Overlays through the Zacuto just fine, with no picture on the Canon screen. This is normal, I expected this. However, when I turn on mirroring, I lose all ML Overlays from both screens, and in the ML menu, the Overlay menu is entirely grayed out, and at the bottom in orange text it says "Press INFO (outside of ML menu) to turn off Canon displays" even though I have none on, and pressing INFO just brings the Canon overlays up.

I'd love to be able to have the ML overlays stay up and mirror alongside the image so that both my operator and AC can take advantage of the overlays, but as it currently stands, at least from the options I've tried, I only can get one of those two options:
1) LiveView with ML Overlays on just one screen, other screen is black. (HDMI mirroring off)
2) LiveView with NO overlays on both screens. (HDMI mirroring on)

Is there a way for me to get it so that I can have LiveView active on both screens, as well as the ML overlays on both or even just one of the two? Either would be a great improvement. However if not then I'll make do.

Thanks!

jrcreative

I'm running 1.2.3 on a Mark III and i'm not able to get mirroring to work either. In fact if i have mirroring enabled i get only the standard cannon screen on both. When i turn mirroring off i get the ML screen on my hdmi monitor. Not sure why but i thought mirroring was enabled on 1.2.3.

J

dubzeebass

Guys I don't mean to be an a-hole, but if you search the forum for 1.2.3 mirroring the first response is what you need.

RTFM (Read The Forums Man!)