Transfer setting from Av or Tv to M

Started by IanW, May 16, 2014, 12:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanW

Time and again I use Av or Tv to work out the exposure (Exp,Ap,ISO) then have to set these by hand in M mode (I use M mode when using flash and these settings are a good starting point.)

It would be great to press one button to copy the three settings to the Manual mode

dmilligan

Marsu42

Quote from: IanW on May 16, 2014, 12:08:09 PM
It would be great to press one button to copy the three settings to the Manual mode

I integrated this in one of my (currently personal and part of my infamous "to be released" queue) modules, it's called "copy to m": Select a mode (p/tv/av) in the menu and then the setting from this is copied to m mode once you turn the dial to it.

I use this all the time for focus stacking, figure out the exposure in semi-auto and then do stacking/bracketing in m ... if you really want it I can upload it as a single-feature module and cut out all the other wip stuff.

gerk.raisen

Hi,
Very interested to try it on the 60D :) :)
I'm also taking this opportunity for offer my free service of beta testing for your other present and future modules :)
Thanks

Marsu42

Quote from: gerk.raisen on May 21, 2014, 01:20:20 AM
Very interested to try it on the 60D :) :)

Here you go, single-feature only, I just saw everything else requries core patches and wouldn't work with just putting the .mo into the camera:

https://bitbucket.org/Marsu42/ml-pull/downloads/lazyhelp.mo

gerk.raisen

Thank you a lot Marsu42,
I can't wait to try it :)

Thank you.

Marsu42

Quote from: gerk.raisen on May 22, 2014, 12:14:46 PM
Thank you a lot Marsu42, I can't wait to try it :)

Let me know if it works as a drop-in mo without any other core dependencies (I expect it to, but didn't test it) and if you have any other feature suggestions. Right now, it just copies av/tv/iso from the chosen p/av/tv mode to m.

barepixels

5D2 + nightly ML

barepixels

Common I know few must have downloaded this.  Can someone please share this.  It's a usful  feature
5D2 + nightly ML

nachordez

I loved this module... but it's build in 0.5 way, and should be updated to 0.6 to work with latest nightlies.

Could you rebuild/upload it, please? I found it very comfortable in some scenarios to get what you want Av or Tv way, and then going into M to work from the same adjustments without being recalculated and spoiled each time you press shooter again...

Thanks
EOS 600D  /  OpenSuse 13.1