new to ML...problems

Started by qaz, May 15, 2014, 11:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qaz

hi

ive acquired a 5d mk 1 and would appreciate any help

its got 5dc beta4 M/Lantern

can any one tell me :

is the ML actually on the cf card and is it in the camera circuitry, it appears to be on the card as when i insert new card i cant find ML

with a new cf card inserted i cant find the mirror lock up feature [for cleaning sensor]...its vanished, is this to do with the ML

thanks

qaz

anyone know how to get notifies of new reply
thanks

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

qaz

can u be a bit more specific please, that looks like a forum mostly, what part of the page do u suggest i look at. sofar i cant see any solutions there

thanks

qaz

can a moderator tell me if this msg is in right place as im getting no replys
thanks

dmilligan

Quote from: qaz on May 17, 2014, 09:40:33 PM
as im getting no replys
Well, there's probably not many 5dc users out there, so there's probably not really anyone to help you with 5D specific stuff, the port itself is no longer maintained, so I hate to say it, but you're probably mostly on your own. There's lots of information already here on this forum, you just have to be willing to search for it and do a lot of reading.

Quote from: qaz on May 15, 2014, 12:05:54 PM
what part of the page do u suggest i look at
You should probably read the whole thing, as most all the information for this camera is going to be found there.

Quote from: qaz on May 15, 2014, 11:45:02 AM
is the ML actually on the cf card and is it in the camera circuitry, it appears to be on the card as when i insert new card i cant find ML
ML is on the card, nothing really gets changed in the camera's ROM (where the Canon firmware lives). The "installer" simply sets a flag in the camera that tells it try and boot from the SD/CF card (kind of like when you boot from a CD on your computer). The card must contain ML and be bootable.

qaz