4GB Limit on Magic Lantern Beta

Started by ninjatek, May 12, 2014, 10:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjatek

So I haven't been able to find a solid answer. On Tragic I can bypass the 4GB limit, but I would really like to be able to use the ML Official Beta, but I need to be able to bypass 4GB because I record comedy shows and some comics are longer than 7mins, in fact most are 10 to 15 at showcases.

I have a Patriot 64gb 95mb card, that is formatted ExFat on a T3i, is this doable currently on ML official Beta?

ninjatek

I tested with With the latest nightly, and couldn't get it to record past 4gb, and I tested to see if they were seamless, but they were not there was a drop out.  Soooo how am I to adjust the settings to record past 4gb?

Audionut

Oh, my apologies.  I assume everything about video, is raw these days.  ::)

It is currently not possible to bypass the 4GB limit in ML.  If I recall correctly, the method used by TL is not considered safe by the ML developers.  That is, the code used to bypass the limit.

Datadogie

You say regarded not safe. But has anyone actualy bricked their camera using this particular function. If not could it not be ported over. Or am I speaking crap as I have no idea how these things work.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

a1ex

If you want a code review process based solely on number of bricked cameras, you need to kick me out from here first.

;)