...meanwhile in The Third Ward, a 50d RAW video

Started by johnhenryrupe, May 08, 2014, 09:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnhenryrupe

Just a short little video I shot while hanging out at a photographers' meetup.

50d
RAW
Old Vivitar 28mm 2.5

Enjoy!

ru31jan

johnhenryrupe

Quote from: ru31jan on May 09, 2014, 11:15:53 AM
Nice! What did you use for post-processing?

Thanks! I shot in RAW, not MLV. Then Rawanizer, making the .dngs and .tif proxies. Went into After Effects with the proxies, used those to make the edit and apply some stabilization, could have spent more time on that for sure. Then replaced the proxies with the .dngs. In Camera Raw used the visionlog profile, and white balanced. Then used Colorista, and a Levels effect below the Colorista so I could use it's histogram to see what I was doing in Colorista. That's about it. Sped up some of the clips as well.

I've found the visionlog profile seems to help bring up dark areas without too much noise.

ImagineFlight

On the 50D, how do you set your correct shutter speed exposure? Which version of ML are you using?
Imagine Flight Media House

johnhenryrupe

Quote from: ImagineFlight on May 12, 2014, 06:19:12 PM
On the 50D, how do you set your correct shutter speed exposure? Which version of ML are you using?

Hi ImagineFlight. I'm using a nightly build from a few week ago. Don't have my camera with me right now, not sure. I saw your questions on the 50D thread as well. What I do, and it seem to work perfectly for me, is set FPS overide to on and 23.976 (exact FPS). That's in the magic lantern "Movie" menu I believe. And then in the magic lantern "Expo" menu (i think), turn on exposure override. And then complete ignore what it says on top of the camera, just worry about what it says on the Liveview screen. And then adjust your shutter in the "Expo" menu as well.