MLV to Proxies only.

Started by lonetraceur, May 11, 2014, 05:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonetraceur

Hey guys and gals,

Great work to everyone involved in the RAW project, really respect what you guys have done. I'm just enquiring if there's a possibility to convert your .MLV files to a proxy file without going through the DNG conversion process?
I want to convert all my files to .mov's or something I can edit in Premiere and then convert only the MLV files I've used to DNG's after the editing process. I know the RAW Video Converter 1.9.2 can create the proxies, but you can only do it while creating the DNG files too as far as I can see.

If not possible, no worries, just thought I'd ask.

Cheers!

g3gg0

not yet. FFPMEG guys are adding raw video (.mlv) support to their tools.
when this is done, it will work.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

lonetraceur

Thanks for the response g3gg0, not to worry, I understand it's a very niche thing to ask for. I'll keep an eye on the FFMPEG future releases then. Cheers.

baldand

MlRawViewer 1.1.5 can quite quickly convert a directory full of MLVs to ProRes: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9560.msg112827#msg112827

lonetraceur

Fantastic! Given it a go and it does indeed do what I need, thank you so much for the heads-up baldand!