Apertus Axiom Beta

Started by Andy600, May 09, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

Quote from: Canon eos m on October 07, 2014, 07:28:26 PM
Only 204 days left to release the 1st batch!
We will cheering you along and counting.

:P
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg130384#msg130384

Seeing how well the campaign did I assume they will reach about 170.000€. A new batch would do the trick.
Nobody interested in 43s Axiom
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Walter Schulz

170.000 is very, very optimistic. The current trend says we will terminate around 136.000 to 140.000. If the backers keep their pace, of course. 

nikfreak

Just seen there's a new batch of super35 for July. Those will all sell. Afterwards it can reach my optimistic guess.

PhilK

Slightly late to the party, but whatever....

I saw the original launch of the fundraiser and was intrigued but though it'll just be an interesting technology project without a decent OS.

Saw on NFS today about ML coming on board.....

This is now very cool, and I'm sure both Apertus and the ML gang will step up and produce a wonderful cambination!! (sod it, not fixing this typo - it works)

Batch 3 camera ordered and 30 euros in the pot for ML to get a camera!!

surami

Update #21: AXIOM Beta 4K RAW PC recording option

Spread the word!

550D + nightly ML

Tobias Deml

Andy600, thanks so much for starting this thread and starting a snowball effect. a1ex, thanks for coming on board, I think that decision absolutely triggered a tipping point for the campaign and is one of the primary reasons that it went way past its goal already (now at 125,000 Euros, I keep checking the number every few hours out of sheer excitement).

I am more than stoked to see you incredibly talented developers support the AXIOM, and write cinema history as one big family.

Toby

Canon eos m

History will be made if the project crosses Euro 175,000 in funding. 30 hours is a long time to sell all of the 4th batch and 5th ....
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

ronx

hello. im new around here, and not vastly experienced with forums..

im trying to get hold of a sample raw16 file (the axiom format), so I can create a transcoder, and HQ downsampling tool

the link on the wiki is not working, so if anyone has a sample and can get it to me (somehow), id very much appreciate it

my email is [email protected]

k.r

Sebastian

Quote from: ronx on October 08, 2014, 05:12:07 AM
the link on the wiki is not working, so if anyone has a sample and can get it to me (somehow), id very much appreciate it

Hi ronx, the link has been fixed.

jarabmx

I have mistakenly bought Super35 Beta voucher for $350. Happy to resell, please email me at mojaroslav at gmail.com

Walter Schulz

I stand corrected!
Sebastian, ready for a 5th?

Canon eos m

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 09, 2014, 04:13:57 AM
I stand corrected!
Sebastian, ready for a 5th?

Walter nice to see you turning believer  :)
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

mothaibaphoto

AXIOM Alpha 4K RAW Still Image 4K raw DNG Download processed by A1ex opened in ACR
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mothaibaphoto/15480719951/

Canon eos m

Quote from: nikfreak on October 07, 2014, 09:00:12 PM
:P
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11787.msg130384#msg130384

Seeing how well the campaign did I assume they will reach about 170.000€. A new batch would do the trick.
Nobody interested in 43s Axiom

Almost there!

nikfreak

Option to change sensor of 43s batch is given officially in comments. So 2 hours left to join the party and break the 170k

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Canon eos m on October 09, 2014, 04:56:25 AM
Walter nice to see you turning believer  :)

Nah! For instance I don't believe history will be changed if 175.000 are rolling in. Neither believing it would be if numbers 174.999 or 175.001.
100.000 has potential but only history will tell. With hindsight.

Quote from: nikfreak on October 09, 2014, 06:26:04 AM
Option to change sensor of 43s batch is given officially in comments. So 2 hours left to join the party and break the 170k

If this batch is going to hit big time (well beyond 170k) I might begin to believe people actually can read.

Walter Schulz

5th batch is in and running far better than 4/3.
10 minutes to go.

Pelican

EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

dxotic

I just wanted to let the Magic Lantern team know that without their backing I would have never seriously considered Apertus Axiom. But now I have bitten the bullet and am waiting for the exciting time ahead as we collectively watch it grow, so we can all get our hands on it to create some magic.

Canon eos m

Quote from: Canon eos m on October 08, 2014, 02:39:37 AM
History will be made if the project crosses Euro 175,000 in funding. 30 hours is a long time to sell all of the 4th batch and 5th ....

My wish is granted  ;)!

Hope you guys pull off everything planned and come up with a camera that everyone can use to produce fantastic results!

Sebastian

Final crowd funding amount: €174,520 EUR

Absolutely incredible, thanks so much everyone here.

I am officially stoked now :)

KurtAugust

You can conclude two things:

1) Apertus is a mighty fine concept
2) A1ex an G3ggo getting involved seems to have triggered a massive response.

It may a bit übertrieben to say this but I hope it relieves some of the frustration the ML developers experienced in the recent GPL mess. Seeing how their involvement propels the interest in this project must be uplifting and stimulating.

I wish you all the best in developing the Beta. Make it work!
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

mothaibaphoto

Look at this interesting project
No hassle with external recorders, writes on onboard flash memory. Nice toy.

chmee

i thought to pledge there as well, but, the examples are not sharp, the recording length is logically depending on cache, not storage-size - and finally how often do you need highspeed-recordings? it would be only a toy for once a year-usage.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

mothaibaphoto

I consider it's a toy, no doubts. Examples blurred horribly. But it has working prototype. Recording time is more than enough for it's application. And I'll be glad, if Axiom Beta can write even 55 sec on its own.