Apertus Axiom Beta

Started by Andy600, May 09, 2014, 01:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

What happened now, Sebastian?
"Super35, 3rd Batch" not longer there ...
Not delighted about this ...
Cassandra moving in her sleep ...

Sebastian

Quote from: Walter Schulz on October 03, 2014, 10:17:30 PM
What happened now, Sebastian?
"Super35, 3rd Batch" not longer there ...
Not delighted about this ...
Cassandra moving in her sleep ...

3rd batch moved to top, now "featured".

Quote from: nikfreak on October 03, 2014, 07:52:13 PM
Now that would be awesome. Btw what OS is Axiom going to use? Some kind of RTOS or even linux?

The AXIOM Alpha prototype uses a custom Linux kernel and a Raspian image in a chroot environment to separate "gimmicks" like the webserver/etc. from the essential "life-support" system.

The current plan for the Beta is to have one core running Arch Linux and the other dedicated for bare metal applications related to the camera functions, or alternatively both cores running Arch.

Levas

These 300fps in the CMV12000, is that in 4k(approximately) resolution or in lower like 1080p ?

350 + 2300 euro for a camera which doesn't record internally is a lot of money.
But damn, ML shows how powerful opensource is...and this is fully open, no backwards engineering....

Seriously in doubt. I Like the convenience of my 6d and 17 seconds of 1728x720 raw MLV recording with sound....
AXIOM Beta, Beta model...but 300 fps...would love to have a high FPS camera.
No active EF mount...or will there be an active EF mount if you're in the 3rd batch of the CMV12000 ?

nikfreak

There's something written on Indiegogo about EF mount once 120.000 is reached.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

budafilms

This is a typical marketing canibalism.

It´s not negative: future ML users - especially 5d video users - going to buy Axiom camera in the next months or years.
Now, are buying BMCC 4K for less money than a Mark III.

Axiom is getting this from here, and the open source software. And Canon is not showing a revolution in video in for example 7D mark II.

But, look at this!

If A1ex - I´m fan, I know - going to work to Black Magic Cinema Open Source, ML users future buyers going to get an AXIOM camera? (Pay Attention Black magic ;)

A1ex is a brand.

And a personal opinion to A1ex: why not do the change for the next level?

mothaibaphoto

last video (in under 1 minute) doesn't impress me. Aggressive sound, flickering, awful skin tones. I'd like to see something like that: http://vimeo.com/87374695

budafilms

Yes, I want the same blond into the sensor.  :P

Canon eos m

8) +1

The Vimeo sample from the Arri and BMC were both awesome. I have a 5DM3. I will not get my next till it is at least as capable as the Arri.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

€90,824EUR
RAISED OF €100,000 GOAL
91%  5 days left

The last mile! 8)
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

surami

Quote from: a1exFeel free to push them and show your results, but don't expect to be as clean as a dual ISO image :P

If the pink/purple things can be fixed during the building up the DNG file, then this will be wild and it will rock!

Quote from: mothaibaphotolast video (in under 1 minute) doesn't impress me. Aggressive sound, flickering, awful skin tones. I'd like to see something like that: http://vimeo.com/87374695

Don't forget, that this is an open developement and I hope the international community behind this will achieve that quality what you expect.

Quote from: budafilmsYes, I want the same blond into the sensor.  :P

But the reddish-brown with the OPEN decolletage will be as good as the blondes, you can choose later... :P

I pushed a1ex's "image02-fpnfix-hilite.DNG" in ACR and graded in AE + added some grain:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g7lfrm7ccc1g063/AADHVFTBhcOT9MpHwQBNCCwfa?dl=0
550D + nightly ML

mothaibaphoto

surami: Regarding your DNG
I see some tweaks made in ACR with it: lets say, Exposure +0.7, Contrast -100 and so on. I didn't see any color related tweaks, except Saturation -35(By the way, -100 looks much better :) ). Did i miss something? What does it mean "graded in AE + added some grain" and where is the result?
Regarding image itself - it's probably captured under harsh lighting condition with wrong exposure. I hope it's not a sensor failure/limitation.

surami

Quote from: mothaibaphotoI see some tweaks made in ACR with it: lets say, Exposure +0.7, Contrast -100 and so on. I didn't see any color related tweaks, except Saturation -35(By the way, -100 looks much better :) ). Did i miss something? What does it mean "graded in AE + added some grain" and where is the result?
Regarding image itself - it's probably captured under harsh lighting condition with wrong exposure. I hope it's not a sensor failure/limitation.

Well I tried to get a flat frame before I import into AE. I'm not an expert colorist, but as I read and experienced, it's the best starting point in the grading process. The best would be, if the Axiom could process eg. something called MagicLOG (flat) frames straight into DNG (MLV) and after that people could edit it as they want (save presets etc.).

So I imported the ACR "tweaked" flat DNG into AE and I tweaked again on the timeline (contrast, curve, color, saturation, grain, etc.) with a preset, so simple. The result is there, the JPG.

Yes I think that too, that the original DNG (read the #92 post in this topic!) wasn't exposed correctly, but a1ex could get some more information back with his algorithm, so I used the last processed one from him.
550D + nightly ML

Fioritura

Less than 5k left to reach the funding goal! Let's get some extra perks :-)

menoc

with only 2K let to reach their goal and still 3 days left in the campaign, I believe they might just have enough to make the remote...

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Fioritura

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Fioritura

Walter Schulz

No champagner around here. I toast with some red wine.
Wait, that I would have done anyway the next minutes. I postpone my salute until 110.000 Euro are in!

And I want to thank all those supporting the project with smaller amounts (= not going for a 350 € perk) for their contributions!

KurtAugust

Apertus: Ok guys, get to work!
www.kurtaugustyns.com @HetRovendOog

koalitio

Greg

Sebastian

Hurray! Thanks so much everyone!

We couldn't have done it without you!

And that's not just a saying, without the ML community we would have failed!

Canon eos m

Fioritura

Have to watch on my good monitor. Coffee first :-)