5D3 Raw/H.264 and GH3 hacked at a Paint Party

Started by ChadMuffin, May 29, 2014, 05:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadMuffin

A client came to me who is starting a business doing paint parties as well as other promotions and advertising about making him a "mega-mercial." I filmed a couple shows and put this together. He also had 2 other video guys there that had a 5D3 (not hacked) and a GH3 (hacked) who where nice enough to let me use their footage. I was able to tell the difference while editing, not just in color grading but overall quality and I am sure you can too. I was running 2 KB 64GB cards which held up very well as I swapped them out they would fill up on a USB 3.0 HDD. I edited in Adobe products. Used Elemet 3D for the 3D graphics and Optical Flares from Video Copilot. The shows were not huge but I think I managed to make them seem larger. I used the latest Tamron glass, 24-70 and 70-200, which has been working great for me, recommend them for the price. I also used the Canon 15mm fisheye. And, I used a HD-2000 for steadicam like shots and a lot of handheld for time sake. Thoughts, comments, questions, I would enjoy to hear them!

ChadMuffin

That was a worry for me. I used a UV filter just for protection and rain bag when I got in closer or if I knew things would get messy. But, it was actually a little overkill in the end. This wasn't a color run, with fine dust everywhere. It was controlled blasts of essentially colored water. Thanks for the link! Good info.