will ML open up more features of the 70D or should i get something else...?????

Started by GR Productions, May 06, 2014, 03:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GR Productions

Hey all,

I was sadden after trying a 70D in a store the other day,
-the autofocus (lazy me) was great, i own a 5d3 and its cool to see any camera from Canon with autofocus since i am used to Manual hit and miss at times, but what took me by surprise with the 70d was the limitations.

1-first off one needs the remote app for wifi viewing which was no problem but then i got an error saying no SD card NO try,

2-then as i was reaching for a SD card at home i decided to google up which one and learned users  where frustrated with the lack of recording time, Canon is tricky when they claim a camera can record UP TO 30 mins.; UP to is not 30 but UP to, depending on the heat some said.

3-While googling i learned many other features are limited and as we learned from ML sites its all probably SOFTWARE MARKETING LTD by CANON the one and only, i can make a lng list here like one is not able to adjust Shutter , sound etc once record enable to even recording video with wifi viewing on.

Are people wure its possible to open up those features here, i read that the camera gets pretty hot and some even suggested the BMCC (smaller cameras)

Audionut

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6862.0
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8419.0

Will earthlings ever reach the edge of the universe?  This question and your question, are one and the same.  Both are impossible to answer accurately.

ShootMeAlready

I haven't heard folks talk about the heat of the 70D being an issue.  But I did hear that for the T2i, and the problem there was the LCD screen being fixed to the camera.  I suspect the greatest source of heat would still be the LCD.  Since the 70D is articulated, just keep it off the back and its not an issue. 
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"