Canon printer drivers

Started by markymark, May 04, 2014, 02:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markymark

Hi All,

First of all sorry if this is posted in the wrong part, but was unsure which area to post it in. Right I have just purchased a Canon printer (Pixma IX6550) and I am very happy with the printer except for one thing which is the limit of the size of paper that I can print on which is around 13" x 26" which is good for most things that I print, but I have just started to do panoramic images which can be upto 50" long so I wanted to know does anyone of you know if the print driver software can be altered by reverse engineering to make it that I can print images upto 50" long and if so how would I go about it, I am sure that it can be done, but have no idea where to start.

Any help would be appreciated

Mark

markymark

Okay all I have tried using a program called QIMAGE to solve this problem, but still not able to print any image longer than 27" so still need to know if anyone can help or point me in the right direction.

markymark

Quote from: Audionut on May 10, 2014, 04:33:28 PM
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Thanks for the link had a quick look, but still not able to print longer than 27" think I need to find out what code the print drivers are written in and get someone who knows what they are doing to have a go at changing them, any of you clever people out there ?

Audionut

I linked to POTN, because you are more likely to find help there for your issue.