Etihad Airways promo videos: 5dmkIII Raw

Started by rungunshoot, May 04, 2014, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rungunshoot

I worked with a Dubai-based creative agency to produce these videos showcasing the first, business, and economy cabins of Etihad Airways, the national airline of Abu Dhabi.  We had to really move fast in tight quarters, so I shot everything handheld on 5dmkIII in RawRec.  We had a small dolly for some of the walking shots.

RawRec --> Rawmagic --> Resolve, export flat (BMDFilm) --> FCP X (Apply LUT + EOSHD 5dMKIII LUT)

Stabilized in post with Coremelt Lock & Load.

Rokinon 14mm, 24mm, 35mm
Zeiss 50mm f/1.4
Canon 16-35mm
Canon 24-105mm

Lighting:
2.5k HMI
1k HMI
Litepanels 1x1 LED Panels

Titles were done by the agency.  Music by my friend Steve Davis at Trevor Morris Music.

g3gg0

very nice videos.
do you have any feedback about problems or trouble with raw video?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

DavidSh

600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

rungunshoot

Quote from: g3gg0 on May 04, 2014, 12:58:52 PM
very nice videos.
do you have any feedback about problems or trouble with raw video?

Thanks, I did experience some glitches.  After starting up the camera, the first recording would usually automatically stop at :07.  Even if I had card warmup enabled.

I also had problems with the camera just freezing and requiring a battery removal seemingly at random.  Usually after extended periods of shooting.

At higher ISO's (or extreme color grading), I see regular patterns of vertical bands appear in darker or more saturated areas.  And hot pixels are an absolute plague above ISO 3200 or so.

I attempted to use MLV, but I had such inconsistent performance (even at reduced resolutions) that I scrapped the idea and stayed with RawRec.

iRedM

Film, Music, Faith, Life, Design and Gaming; I do.