MLV audio WAV not recording the whole clip, last seconds have no audio (5D3)

Started by DarienX, May 04, 2014, 09:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarienX

Hi, I record a lot on RAW, but since I do mostly music videos I didn't really needed the audio module, but now I'm gonna do some short films, so i was testing the audio (with the last nightly build 4 may 2014 on Canon 5D3) and i notice 2 things:

1) when viewed on MLrawviewer there are some black frames and when converted to DNG, there are some missing frames (jumping from M04-110.dng to M04-112.dng for example).

2) also on MLrawviewer i can hear the recording just fine at first (synced), but then it stop or mute on the last part of the video, like 2-3 secs, or the longer the video, the more is cut (like 1 minute of video only have 45 secs of audio).

Is anybody experiencing those issues?, is there a bug-fix for this?

DarienX

Actually, i think i solved my problem.

I played with different ways to record (hacks on, off, card spanning, etc), and going back and forth now there are no more missed frames. And the audio i think it was an issue of MLVrawviewer between recording on different FPS (29.95, 23.97 and 59.94), some clips run faster than the audio, on editing on after effect i put the DNG and wav separate and it match the entire clip.

But now i have another question, is it normal when i record MLV with audio to have 2 or 3 frames less than it said? (when previewing it says 300 frames but it ends on 297/300 or so).

SteveScout

Yes, that´s normal that the video file is not fit exactly. on my build audio starts 2 frames into the video for correct sync.