Batshit crazy psychedelic shot RAW videoclip

Started by Lumberjacksatan, April 30, 2014, 04:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjacksatan

Hi, just wanted to share this with you guys in case you were interested. I did a paid gig for a band and used a mark ii and mark iii with RAW during the entire shoot because our EPIC was acting up.

I was extremely pleased with what came out of the camera. See for yourself:

For gear, we used the mark ii for the "science" stuff, because the moire and alialising wouldn't be a problem in those scenes. The 60's living room and greenhouse were shot with the mark iii.

For light we had 3 kineflows for the science stuff and used an M18 and M8 HMI light for the other stuff.
Lenses were the great Samyang 35 & 85 and a Canon 50 1.2 for the in between shots. I didn't have trouble getting the width I needed because of the full frame factor.

Fun fact: all the space scenes were filmed oldschool Douglas Trumbull style using glass, liquids and GLITTER.

Hope you enjoy it.

I'm definitely shooting ML RAW again, we had absolutely zero problems.

aace

Those images are simply amazing! Have you heard of Mosaic Engineering's Variable Anti-Aliasing Filter (VAF)? It can help with the aliasing issues. I have one for my 60D and I just ordered on for moy 7D.

http://www.mosaicengineering.com/products/vaf/5d2.html

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!