CF performances regarding write speed

Started by atnugo, April 27, 2014, 12:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atnugo

Hi everyone,

Been using ML and reading the forum for a year now, love it and thank all the people involved in this project a million times. I just created an account to get some feedbacks from you guys about something weird regarding CF write speed.

I've been using this Lexar 32GB 1000x for my ML tests so far : http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=841566&is=REG&fromDisList=y
which is given, according to B&H, to be able to write at 95mb/s. Yesterday I got the new Sandisk 128GB 160MB/s and was hoping to get massive write speed improvements since it is given to be able to write at 150MB/s.

Well, after few hours of tests, I'm quite disappointed by this card and the results. Here are two 5 minutes benchmarks for both cards, and... Well, as you can see, the Lexar one, which again, is given for 95MB/s, achieve 118MB/s write speed, while the Sandisk only reach 110MB/s at most.

Can anyone explain me how is it possible for a CF card to write a lot faster than its original write speed (not that I'm not happy with it), and another one to write a lot slower than its theoretical speed ? I mean, my old Lexar is way faster than this new 160MB/s, and I can tell you that it is true in real world situations.

Thank you everyone for your time and answers, hope you can help me understand what's going on.

pv25pv

if you are on 5d3 well thats what the playback test shows..that the camera is topped @120mb write..not the same in movie mode, i hope we get just aliltle better speeds in the future with better cards
but i think those cards do diff numbers in other tests
5Dmk3
24-105mm f/4L _ 16-35mm f/2.8L II _ 50mm f/1.4 _ TS-E 90mm f/2.8 _ Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX