5D MKIII + ML Raw + Marshall V-LCD70MD 7"

Started by imnothere, December 30, 2013, 01:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnothere

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I could use the Marshall V-LCD70MD 7" on my 5D with ML. I have to admit I saw many post about issues on external screen but not on this specific one. So I sent an Email to an online shop to ask them what they think about it.
I post below the questions and the reply.
I hope some of you are going to tell if these answers are correct and maybe add some more infos because I am still hesitating about buying this Marshall monitor.

Thank you very much !  :)

Here my questions :
Quote- Is the V-LCD70MD is the monitor I need to shoot with that setup ?
- While I will shoot with Magic Lantern Raw, will I be abble to see on the monitor what I am shooting ?
- Will it be possible to use all the amazing functions (peaking, false color etc...) while shooting witht Magic Lantern Raw ?
- Is there any known issues about using your product with Magic Lantern installed on a Canon 5D MKIII ?
- I'm living in France : is it possible to get this monitor with french power supply knowing that I'd like to order from US ?
- Is it possible to have canon batteries adapter on this monitor and if so, what is the reference please ?

Here the reply :
QuoteThank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at ******.

You own and shoot with a Canon 5D MKIII, with firmware 1.1.3 and you use Magic Lantern software to shoot in Raw. *Keep in mind that using the Magic Lantern software voids the Canon warranty and you will not be able to do anymore Canon firmware upgrades. For specific compatibly I would check with Magic Lantern directly.

Keep in mind although the Marshall Electronics V-LCD70MD monitor is a high quality monitor, it will only display what the video output is on the HDMI port of the 5D Mark iii is capable of and that is 1920 x 1080 8 bit 4:2:2. The V-LCD70MD will give you a 1024 x 600 resolution which is a 15:9 size. More square than a 1920 x 1080. Only slightly smaller 1920 x 1080 full frame HD.

You will be able to see on the Marshall Electronics V-LCD70MD what you are shooting while you use your Magic Lantern RAW only if the images are not RAW. Magic Lantern is software that converts RAW still images into a viewable picture, so in that respect yes you will be able to see it on this external monitor.

You will be possible to use peaking, false color, while shooting with Magic Lantern Raw. You will be able to use these features on viewable still images.

There are no issues using Magic Lantern installed on a Canon 5D MKIII and this Marshall monitor that I can think of. Again you should check with Magic Lantern. ***** does not support Magic Lantern.
5D MKIII
Showreel : [-https://vimeo.com/74019437-]

Deejay

So did you buy the monitor ? Does it work fine ? I have a Marshall monitor too (model M-LCD7-HDMI-B-CE6) and it bugs when i shoot raw.