MLV+Audio Native play in new version off ASSIMILATE Scratch

Started by jplsfx, April 22, 2014, 11:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplsfx

I had the confirmation today from one member of the assimilate team, that they implemented the mlv+audio playback in their software.

so you can consider this is a good standart !

for those who dont know >

https://www.assimilateinc.com/
ML for Timelapse and HDR/Panoramic photography and Video.
5DMKII + 550 D + G12(CHDK)
Various Lens + Dynamic Perception Dolly+ Merlin Head

andy kh

use mlrawviewer for free. it supports mlv+audio+cdng+u can convert to cdng/proress etc
5D Mark III - 70D

jplsfx

assimilate is a grading tool not a viewer,

please get a bit deeper instead of these quick answers ...

it means native read of the .mlv file + audio import and grading. not only viewer ...

ASSIMILATE went on the 4th innovation rank on the NAB 2014.

Assimilate scratch is fully available for 90 days on demo and download.
So dig a bit.
ML for Timelapse and HDR/Panoramic photography and Video.
5DMKII + 550 D + G12(CHDK)
Various Lens + Dynamic Perception Dolly+ Merlin Head

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

DeepD

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum so forgive me if i missed some remarks or reiterate something already said.
Afaik ML raw and MLV are supported for a while by Drastic's MediaReactor plugin (see www.mediareactor.ws)
The only issue was that the audio wasn't passed thru. This seems to be fixed in their latest release.
Assimilate's Scratch, Scratch Lab and PLAY (the free player) include partially the MR codecs list. This is why it supports ML raw and RawMagic converted DNGs (as most of the DNGs available out there), but not sure MLV will be part of this "free" codec pack or limited to MediaReactor (which is not free).

Cheers
DD

rainless

Nice that so many tools supporty MLV now. But really all I need is Adobe and Resolve to support .mlv and .raw... straight up... out of the box, and I'd straaaaight.

I never did believe in any all-in-one solutions. To me it's all about CR+AE+Premiere+Rez

That's 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, and the catcher at Home.

(Though I will check out the 90-day trial of Scratch.

The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

vroem

Just downloaded their latest trial version for Mac (8.0.802). MLV Doesn't seem to work.

Btw, it looks like Scratch has it's UI built from scratch. It's clunky and on the Mac it seems to lack the most basic OS integration. Full-screen only app that covers the dock, no menu bar. Strange custom widgets, clunky custom text input, ugly custom mouse pointers ... I feel sorry for the guy that needs to use this thing.

Oh yeah, pricing starts at 150$/day...

infinitebuzz

Quote from: vroem on April 25, 2014, 11:59:23 PM
Just downloaded their latest trial version for Mac (8.0.802). MLV Doesn't seem to work.

Btw, it looks like Scratch has it's UI built from scratch. It's clunky and on the Mac it seems to lack the most basic OS integration. Full-screen only app that covers the dock, no menu bar. Strange custom widgets, clunky custom text input, ugly custom mouse pointers ... I feel sorry for the guy that needs to use this thing.

Hi All

You're just a bit early.  Scratch uses a version of Drastic's MediaReactor for their free 'CSP' add on.  They will be shipping the free MLV with audio/video support shortly, both in there grading product and in their free player with basic grading.  Granted, the grading tool is designed for big budget Hollywood films, but the free player is surprisingly useful for on set work.

Cheers, James

infinitebuzz

Quote from: vroem on April 25, 2014, 11:59:23 PM

Hi Vroem

Just a not on the UI:  it is in the style of 5d, Discreet Flame/Smoke, Baselight and other unix derived tools used in high end post production.  While it may seem clunky (or very different from other apps) initially, it is actually a very fast program to work in, once you are used to it, or if you have used other high end tools.  To each his (or her) own, but you might want to play with the free player.  It's pretty handy.

Cheers, James