Author Topic: How to get FilmConvert working "the right way" with ML raw :)  (Read 35529 times)

edge11

• New to the forum
Re: How to get FilmConvert working "the right way" with ML raw :)
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »
Film convert's suggested acr setting for ml footage
http://www.filmconvert.com/Help/Default.aspx?help_id=62
This gives you incredibly and i mean INCREDIBLY noisey video...
I still think that my method of using visionlog and setting the contrast to -50 is much better.

MGerard

• New to the forum
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »
That applies only when you are not using Cinelog for true Rec.709 or LogC conversion of ML RAW.

Andy600

• Have you tried turning it off and on again?
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
FilmConvert's film curve is pretty aggressive and as @MGerard pointed out, even genuine Arri Alexa footage doesn't fair well without some tweaks. I would recommend setting the film curve to 70-80% and adjust shadows, mids and highlights to taste. FilmConvert can't be just added without some adjustments. We have Cinelog-C and Cinelog-C Film Matrix LUTS coming next week that match Alexa Log-C gamma and color quite well and we will include what we feel are optimum settings for FilmConvert. When you get it right it really sings! :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com