Using HDMI Monitors: Overlays unaligned.

Started by tonybeccar, April 21, 2014, 02:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonybeccar

Hello!

I know this is a known problem, and I've had it forever. Stopped using monitors for a while and now back again, and I hoped there would be improvements in this. Thing is, in RAW mode, they white rectangle and their black borders are completely unaligned. What is the cause of this? Is there a way to fix it? Also, important, they Play mode is completely unusable over HDMI, the misalignment is huge! It's a pity, because if you wanna use your dslr professionaly, or less even, you will use a monitor! Or 2! or 3! So I think it's essential that we can copy the LCD screen as it is over HDMI. I have no idea why this could be, but I know it's an old problem with ML.

A workaround I've found is to use cropmarks. But weirdly enough, I have to activate them and them deactivate them. In the first try the white rectangle remains, after I turn them off the white rectangle dissapears but the cropmark remains. Cons of this: We have to make cropmarks for each aspect ratio. And also, the white rectangle comes back every now and then and we have to repeat the process.

BTW, using 7D, Lilliput monitor 5", one of the latests builds of TL.

Anyway what do you think guys? Is it an easy fix? Do you consider it important? I kinda do...
Cheers and thanks!!!
Tony.

rtwomey

One way I got around this problem was to use crop marks on the monitor and turn global draw off while turning over. It's the best solution until this issue is fixed.

tonybeccar

Quote from: rtwomey on April 21, 2014, 02:04:27 PM
One way I got around this problem was to use crop marks on the monitor and turn global draw off while turning over. It's the best solution until this issue is fixed.

Too bad my monitor doesn't support them !

rtwomey

It's not as neat a method as overlays but masking the monitor with some camera tape works well too!