How much space should be left on a 64GB card when all relevant files are install

Started by EFwebb, April 18, 2014, 03:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFwebb

I have a Canon 6d and have installed and ran Magic Lantern from a 64 GB card.  When everything, I believe is relevant is on the card I have a 524 kB auto exec.bin file, a 131 kB ML-6D113.FIR file and a folder titled ML containing 40.4 GB of files and folders, leaving a mere 18 GB of space to place photos.  Are any of the files I have on my disk not required after I have installed the software, or am I unfortunately left with a  mere 18 GB of free space?

Jon

dmilligan

Where did you get a 64MB card? I didn't know they even made cards that small. You can get a 2 GB card for not much more than $1. A 32 GB card for less than $20.

How many photos could you even take with a 64 MB card? Like maybe 5?

EFwebb

Walter Schulz

Just downloaded latest nightly for 6D.
ML directory contains 43 files, 8 directories with 1.898.655 Bytes. Depending on the card's cluster size you may have substantial overhead but your numbers are way off. Format the card and copy files over once again.

Ciao
Walter

-sandro-

wouldn't it be great if we could replace the SD card reader on those cameras stuck at 21MB/s with a faster one?:P

Walter Schulz