5D MKiii + Lexar 1000X ~ Help getting continous raw?

Started by kawasakiguy37, April 17, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawasakiguy37

Im running 1.2.3 with the the nightly from around a week ago.

I've read through tons of threads and can't find the answer to my problem. I have (what I believe to be) all the right settings on my 5D mkiii - Global Draw off, Noise reduction and all that mumbo jumbo off, and canon menu set to RAW. ML grayscale is enabled, small hacks Ive tried on or off with no effect, havent tried the memory hack yet as I really need to keep liveview to see what Im shooting. FPS override is 23.976 and Im trying to get continous 1920 x 1080

Right now with my lexar 1000x 64 GB the first 5-10 seconds will not be continous (MLV) or with raw_rec the first 5 seconds will drop frames. After that I get a solid continous OK no problem (aka the green logo)

Is this normal ? Is there anyway I can get my mkiii working so that i dont have to throw away the first 5-10 seconds of footage? Should I return my CF card for a replacement?

Midphase

Sometimes the CF card needs to warm up to keep up the fast write speed. Enable the warm CF card option.

You shouldn't be dropping any frames at all as long as you have disabled the "drop frames" option. It's pretty normal for the ML icon to turn red and then yellow before turning green, but it should still be giving you a solid 24fps recording even when it's red or yellow.

kawasakiguy37

I have dropped frames set to "off," I just assumed if it was red or yellow at all I was dropping frames? If I enable debug instead of the logo, ill get a message something like "frame 86      100 expected" or something along those lines

nigel

Using the same combination but I never get a solid green light. Just a solid yellow. No drop frames though

nigel

What about the cf card buffer settings. And if you have an SD card perhaps spanning will help?