Converted to .DNG in RAWMagic
Convert DualISO shots in cr2hdr
Converted to ProRes in Resolve
Edited in PPro CS6
Color corrected in Resolve on .DNG sequences

VFX in After Effects on .DNG sequences

Enjoy!

austinmarti

Beautiful commercial. Loved the shots and the audio. The soft-spoken dialogue was great, too.

You did VFX? Like what? Just fireworks?

dmbsaxboyz

Looks really great!

I'm just getting my 5D3 set up with ML this weekend. This is pretty much the same workflow I'll be following except I use FCPX. I hope to achieve some similar results soon =)

jrcreative

That was very nice. Can you provide a list of the equipment you had on the shoot.

Thanks
J

QuickHitRecord

5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

nikki

Quote from: danell89 on April 17, 2014, 04:08:42 PM
A commercial shot in sweden on a Canon 5D mk3 RAW

Edited in PPro CS6

Enjoy!

did you use the latest raw build (1.2.3.) for this??

danell89

Thanks for your kind comments!

I used the 1.1.3. build for this shoot. I haven't dared to try the new 1.2.3. build yet, but i think the time is soon coming. ;)

The equipment I used was:
Canon 5D mk3
Sigma 24-70mm f2.8
Sigma 70-200 f2.8
Edited and color graded on a old 2008 Mac Pro

The plane passing by was built in Cinema 4D and rendered in After Effects using Elements 3D. The same shot uses a mattepainting in the background.

nikki

I'm about to try the latest build too on my 5dm3....is there still a use for the 5dm2 that i still have?

jrcreative

were you mostly using available light? I noticed you shot during magic hour a lot. Did you use any filters?

Also, were there any issues using ML RAW during the shoot or did everything go very smoothly?

Thanks
J

midnite

gcrook

Quote from: danell89 on April 17, 2014, 04:08:42 PM
A commercial shot in sweden on a Canon 5D mk3 RAW

Edited in PPro CS6

Enjoy!

That was great congrats,great shots.
Could you elaborate a bit about dual iso if you dont mind?Which shots in this commercial were shot in dual iso and which iso combinations if you dont mind.
Did you record them as 1:1 liveview or 3Xcrop and at what resolution?
I know im asking a bit much but im very interested in dual iso raw not only for stills or timelapse but live action too.
I dont see any kind of moire in any of these shots something unusual for dual iso at least according to my experience.

Andre Meyer

Hi danell

What an awesome production. Congratulations. I am also very interested in your dual ISO procedure and workflow.

Ive also been shooting a lot of RAW and used an old 2008 Macpro with resolve etc. Ive recently upgraded to the new Macpro 6 Core and it makes a huge difference! Rendering out Proress444 from ML DNG's in resolved I get about 20 - 30 fps. I get realtime playback in the "edit" panel.   

This video really inspired me to make better videos and also to give the latest ML RAW build a go. Ive been filming on a 27 July build with no problem whatsoever. Ive shot so much with this build with zero problems that I find it scary to test out new builds on paid jobs. Have you had any dropped frames or problem with your build?