Can you Identify this version on 7D and Q about Grip.

Started by Danialdaneshmand, April 16, 2014, 04:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danialdaneshmand

Hi there

which version is he using? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kecCRTXhY
ML , TL , Nightly builds or Alpha?

Btw
I would like to use magic lantern on my 7D but i had some concerns about whether it doesn't affect the original options if i would like to use them normally like custom functions settings.
and i heard about magic lantern having problems with grip and some bugs with it that i'm not sure it's fixed now or not.

Most useful options for me are Raw Video , Dual ISO , HDR video , Rack focus , Zebras , Focus peeking , Intervalometer and Audio shutter release.
Can i have them in a version like the one i attached?

Daniel

Walter Schulz

You have "heard" about several issues and missed to provide any information/link about them. So I ignore those issues until some substantial information comes with your concerns. This includes version info/time stamp about which build was used.

Magic Lantern doesn't replace Canon's menu and firmware. It is loaded on top of it, you can access Canon's menus all the time and you can always bypass ML at startup if you want to: Just press SET during startup.

Download latest nightly build and test it. It's always on your own risk, of course. And it is *not* bug free. (On the other hand: Do you have ever heard about a commonly used program *proved* to be bug free?)

Ciao
Walter

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Walter Schulz on April 16, 2014, 04:49:51 PM
You have "heard" about several issues and missed to provide any information/link about them. So I ignore those issues until some substantial information comes with your concerns. This includes version info/time stamp about which build was used.

Magic Lantern doesn't replace Canon's menu and firmware. It is loaded on top of it, you can access Canon's menus all the time and you can always bypass ML at startup if you want to: Just press SET during startup.

Download latest nightly build and test it. It's always on your own risk, of course. And it is *not* bug free. (On the other hand: Do you have ever heard about a commonly used program *proved* to be bug free?)

Ciao
Walter
Thanks Walter

You're probably right.

Can you confirm this?
Magic lantern Firmwares are the ones that tested by many cameras and the most stable.
Tragic Lantern Firmwares are the ones that users adjusting and developing them.
Nightly builds are the latest features as a firmware but just tested on 1 or more cameras.
Alpha firmwares are the ones that taken from nightly builds and it's tested by developers and some users and not quite there comparing to ML ver.

Are nightly builds as safe as alpha firmwares or if it's not how risky is it to look for?

Also is it possible to delete or uninstall them?

Walter Schulz

Please read FAQ and the notes in the download page and installation guide. If there are any questions left you're welcome to ask them.

Ciao
Walter

Canon Amateur

Quote from: Danialdaneshmand on April 16, 2014, 04:28:29 PM
which version is he using?
ML , TL , Nightly builds or Alpha?

At 11 seconds I see the Help menu and at the bottom I see;
Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2014FEB19.7D203

I have Tragic Lantern running on my 7D and it has no Help menu.
Therefore I guess he is using an ML Nightly Build from Feb 19.

For what it is worth, I do not experiment with video therefore in *my* case there is no difference between ML and TL.
(why use TL instead of ML ? Well, just because I can. I switch back and forth between ML and TL for no logical reason)

I use a Meike MK-7D grip and have no problems at all using ML or TL.
Canon EOS 7D / Canon 1D Mark III / Lytro illum

Danialdaneshmand

Quote from: Canon Amateur on April 17, 2014, 01:07:42 PM
At 11 seconds I see the Help menu and at the bottom I see;
Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2014FEB19.7D203

I have Tragic Lantern running on my 7D and it has no Help menu.
Therefore I guess he is using an ML Nightly Build from Feb 19.

For what it is worth, I do not experiment with video therefore in *my* case there is no difference between ML and TL.
(why use TL instead of ML ? Well, just because I can. I switch back and forth between ML and TL for no logical reason)

I use a Meike MK-7D grip and have no problems at all using ML or TL.
Thanks.
i really appreciate it.