[ALREADY DONE] Hot Key to toggle between different overlays in Liveview

Started by PhotoCat, April 22, 2014, 03:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoCat

My apology if this feature exists already. I have done searches in ML & google already but I can't find anything on it.

In manual live view video recording, I find myself having to switch between focus peaking and false color a lot
for every new scene to nail down on focus and exposure. If we have a hotkey to toggle between each
active overlap (without going into ML manual), it would be very handy.  (just toggling on/off falsecolor is helpful enough)

Thanks the ML team for the great job!  :)

PhotoCat

Wow, A1ex, u r the best of the best! This feature is amazing & ML rocks! Thanks a lot!   :)

dubzeebass

Quote from: a1ex on April 22, 2014, 03:30:57 PM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1729.0

It would be so great if the Digic peaking could be changed on the different LV settings... is that possible on the 5d3?

a1ex

I didn't include it there because it's not an overlay (it's a setting on the display device, like brightness and contrast). It's easy to mix things from Overlay and Display menus, but I was reluctant to do this in order to avoid confusion.

But if you come up with a good UI proposal (which should also remove the dependency on the Global Draw menu item), I'm tempted to try it.

PhotoCat

It is perfect as it is now!  I am just a bit greedy in wishing that
the hotkey can be on the camera right as well (5D2).

This will keep my left hand on the focus ring and my right hand to
perform toggling and exposure adj, during live shooting.

Can the AF-ON button or anything on the right be used as toggle hotkey as well on 5D2?

Thanks a lot Alex!