5DII RAW + time lapse (& HDR RAW) Vipingo Ridge sunrise villa

Started by Africashot, April 11, 2014, 07:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Africashot

Dear fellow Magic Lantern users,

Here is our latest video shot with the 5D2 in RAW, some HDR RAW video, and some timelapse from both the 5D2 and 600D, even some HDR timelapse in there too! As usual non of this would have been possible without ML therefore big thanks to all the devs! Would love to hear you comments here or on our website at the related blog post: http://africashot.com/video-production-in-kenya/ thanks!
ML 5D2 & T3i

evanbuzzell

Africashot

Thanks evanbuzzell! On the 5DII I shot the HDR RAW sequence at 30fps, then import to ACR, eliminate the first few frames as they often are not alternating ISOs, then duplicate the comp, pick the first one and time stretch it by 50 to eliminate every other frame leaving only one kind of exposure and then stretch them out again with twixtor, then I offset the other track by one frame, trim the comp by one frame and repeat the hole procedure with time stretching and twixtor. Once that is done you need to move one track forward by one frame again to make sure both are in synch and render them out as TIFF sequences. I batch process this into HDR using SNS-HDR because after trying many different workflows this has given me the most consistent and fine-tuned results but other HDR - fusion techniques may work too.     

This workflow is extremely slow, especially because SNS-HDR is quite render intensive, but other workflows including ginger HDR,  photomoatix, etc... had either more image artifact issues or flickering, or simply wouldn't squeeze as much dynamic range with sufficient contrast for most clips. 
ML 5D2 & T3i

reddeercity

LEVISDAVIS

Levi S. Davis

PressureFM

I hope you take constructive criticism :)

Look out for your pans and try to even them out. I counted quickly and you have 18 left to right pans and 11 right to left pans. Normally you would alternate between them so as not to cause your viewers to feel like they are spinning round and round.

I simply noticed you had several left to right pans consecutively.

Nice location!

Africashot

Thanks PressureFM, well taken! And thanks for counting them  :o I kinda go by feeling there but I am aware I might be overdoing it... often I start out going all in one direction or the other and after I change my mind and time reverse them to have them go the other way around; but the simple fact that you noticed it means I may not have gotten it right on this one; thanks again in any case!
ML 5D2 & T3i