(RAW video trailer, 4K playback) Sports Centre's 30th Anniversary in Japan

Started by KenshirouX, April 10, 2014, 07:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenshirouX

Funny. The original plan was to make a simple video featuring local people, young and old, playing sports in celebration of a Sports Centre's 30th anniversary here in Japan. That was the plan until I got RAW working on my 5D. Once I got it working, the idea immediately changed into creating an cinematic style trailer that I served as the introduction to a special documentary that talks about the history of the gym, and it's importance to the people/community.  I won't bore you with the documentary because it is all in Japanese but please take look and enjoy the trailer:

(Please set to 4K resolution for the best quality)

When I first brought my 5D MkIII I was REALLY disappointed with the H264 recording quality, however those negative thoughts immediately changed once I had ML installed which turn my 5D into a beastly EX3 contender (or beater depending how you look at it)!  The RAW recording made everything so much easier for me to realize my vision once I figured out a smooth workflow for unpacking and rendering the files and so on.   Dat (yes, "Dat" instead of "that") 14-bit depth made everything so much easier for me for colour correct (which is a struggle in H264 format and it's low bit-rate and colour depth) those mid and low levels to bring each scene closer to what I saw on the day of filming. I am quite happy with the results even though I know I can do MUCH better if I thought and planned all in mind from the beginning.

I can't wait for the next major ML update for continuous RAW record in 1080p 24fps or higher, and I hope there are options to allow easier sound synching solutions with external recording devices such as Tascam.

Please enjoy!