Continuous photo buffer Via DSLR Controller Droid

Started by Dre363, June 30, 2012, 07:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dre363

I'm surprised neither team has attempted to implement a larger continuous picture buffer through DSLRC.. Just a thought.. or maybe at least make it easier to take panorama's like with modern cell phones... maybe im trolling or the beer  ::) :o

1%

Buffer is in the camera...  how would this work?

Malcolm Debono

For panoramas you can use ghost image. You will need to take a photo, set it as ghost image, move it so that it covers only half the frame (according to which way you'll be rotating the camera), take another photo, set the new photo as ghost image, etc. While this may sound a bit complex, it's not that hard once you try it. I'll keep this in mind for a tutorial.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

scrax

Since i use a lot that workflow for making picture of walls I've suggested a feat for panorama, that will do the process automatically for each pic.
Something like (in ghost image submenu)

load last pic: auto | off

but now priority is stability test on the present feat. set so this will be delayed to a next release.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-