NEW DAVINCI RESOLVE 11. COLOR + EDITING TOOLS.

Started by budafilms, April 08, 2014, 08:29:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafilms

Quote from: Midphase on July 17, 2014, 07:27:07 PM
Hey Buda...looks like someone is trying to steal your thunder. You should let these guys know that you have already shot a feature film in Magic Lantern!!!

http://www.cinema5d.com/snowflake-first-feature-film-shot-with-magic-lantern-seeks-crowdfunding/

Thanks Partner! I wrote recently in the site and in Facebook Fan's but they have the power of select the information. I hope more people can difference this and bring more people to here, to test and probe and get the " Raw" information to stay up to date, and donate to this fantastic project.

Thanks again.

jimmyD30

Has anybody tried getting the new Apple ProRes 4444 XQ codec accessible in Davinci Resolve 11?

I have it working in AE/PP, but don't know how to add it to DR.

Midphase

My guess is that Resolve will need to be updated to support that format. The nice thing is that lately Blackmagic seems to be on a roll between the new firmware, selling the Pocket for half price, and Resolve 11.

budafilms

Quote from: jimmyD30 on July 19, 2014, 01:28:29 AM
Has anybody tried getting the new Apple ProRes 4444 XQ codec accessible in Davinci Resolve 11?

I have it working in AE/PP, but don't know how to add it to DR.

Not yet, but wait a little. DaVinci upgrades are very frequent!

@Midphase increidble disccount for the little one of BMCC If I live in USA... I will get one for a B cam!

jimmyD30

Ok, will wait, just assumed once I had the new codec installed DR would automatically 'pick it up'.

Andy600

It's supported in the new beta released yesterday ;)

http://software.blackmagicdesign.com/DaVinciResolve/beta/DaVinci_Resolve_Lite_11.0b2_Windows.zip

QuoteNew items in this beta include;
A New Deliver Page preset for "Video Sharing Export" - ideal for client previews etc
Ability to perform deck capture to QuickTime Uncompressed, ProRes (Mac and Linux) and DNxHD
Support for FCPX 10.1.2 XML (FCPX v1.4)
Encode and decode support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ on Mac and Linux
Added AAF import zoom support for 3D Warp effect
Added ability to specify 'Timeline Name' as file name during renders
Improved H.264 rendering color compatibility
Improved shadow recovery
Improved DNG decode for some still image RAW images
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

jimmyD30

Sweet, that was fast! I hope they fixed the problem with the app automatically resizing itself every time I change the view ;)

UPDATE: Resizing issue mostly fixed :) Now it only happens when switching to and from Enhanced View in the Color tab.

budafilms

A silly note: Have you note that DaVinci it's perfect for work with RAW photos?
I'm not photographer, but when I need one of two it's better than Aperture Color and Photoshop ;)
Just export as you want, very faster with the soft that you used to.

And it's free. Like Mavericks.

budafilms

I was trying to syncro Audio plus video. Because MLV RAW save the file with the same name as MLV Sound. But Davinci works with timecode smtp, something that as I know, we don´t have.

The process, for who are not familiar it´s easy: right click over the folder in the Media Poll - with audio and video inside - and that´s all.

So, don´t you know a way to syncro by names, or a free software who link both files?

Thanks!

budafilms

QuickHitRecord

Nice tutorial.

Anyone know what shortcut key he is using to flip back and forth to the original ungraded image?
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

PlayIt

5d markII

QuickHitRecord

Shift+D disables the selected node.

I know that you can click the little unplug icon in the bottom left of the node tree window, but I was curious if it can be done by keyboard. No biggie.
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

Midphase

Quote from: QuickHitRecord on July 26, 2014, 08:57:18 PM
Shift+D disables the selected node.

I know that you can click the little unplug icon in the bottom left of the node tree window, but I was curious if it can be done by keyboard. No biggie.

Command-D to disable all the nodes. (or maybe it's Option-D...dunno, I don't have Resolve in front of me at the moment).

eightcore

I'm not able to export 2.35:1 footage as DNxHD Full HD with letterboxes. Resolve always streches the 2.35:1 frames vertically to match 16:9 ratio, I can't change this behaviour.

Any hints?

Back to 10.1.5 then.

eightcore

Midphase

Quote from: eightcore on August 03, 2014, 07:21:05 PM
Any hints?

Look in your settings, there should be a way not to have the frame stretched out to match the size of the output.

jimmyD30

In Davinci Resolve you MUST change your project settings to match the footage at the beginning of a new project BEFORE any footage is imported into the project, selecting 'change project settings to footage' (or whatever that pop up says) with the pop up window after adding footage does not do the trick, you'd think it would like AE or PP.

So, if that's what your doing, then it'll never be correct when you try to render in the delivery tab until you create a new project, update the project settings to 2.35:1 (in 3 places on the pop up project settings form to be safe, I think only 2 really matter for rendering) and then add your footage to the project.

swinxx

I thought i read in the manual that you can change the resolution whenever you want and it will be updated
Immediately..

Africashot

Has anyone found a way to permanently reset the workspace to fit the screen of the 15 inch macbook pro? Every time the view between tabs it expands beyond the constrains of the screen, utterly annoying!
ML 5D2 & T3i

jimmyD30

Version 11 beta 2 fixes this (mostly), now it happens just on the color grading view when toggling the node view.

But yes, it's still annoying when trying to work quickly >:(

Africashot

Quote from: jimmyD30 on August 04, 2014, 01:25:48 PM
Version 11 beta 2 fixes this (mostly), now it happens just on the color grading view when toggling the node view.

But yes, it's still annoying when trying to work quickly >:(
Yep, thats what I meant, now that it is out of beta I had hoped it is fixed, but it is still doing this! Am I the only one who is annoyed by this?
ML 5D2 & T3i

Danne

Can, t you send an issue/bug report straight to davinci resolve?

fisawa

Quote from: Africashot on August 04, 2014, 09:55:22 AM
Has anyone found a way to permanently reset the workspace to fit the screen of the 15 inch macbook pro? Every time the view between tabs it expands beyond the constrains of the screen, utterly annoying!

Have you set the Macbook display settings to more space (1920x1200)? DVR doesn't support the standard retina resolution.