Workflow for RAW 60fps

Started by Bo McKenzie, January 16, 2014, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo McKenzie

Hey guys,

I recently shot a few scenes in ML RAW on 5D mkiii.  I followed guidlines by switching settings to 720p 60fps then within ML menu overriding the FPS to 50.  It stretches image to 1920 x 508. 

My question for workflow is... I usually do a first light in DaVinci resolve after converting RAW files to DNG via RAW Magic.  I then export to ProRes 422 HQ for premiere, then back to Resolve for grading...  Im wondering two things... A) Is there a way to Un squeeze the image back to 1920 x 818 within Da Vinci for the first light. B) If not, I do the color correction to the squeezed 1920 x 508 file then export to Pro Res with it still being squeezed and then un squeeze in Premiere?  What is the proper method for un squeezing in Premiere Pro CC? Also in Da Vinci the footage plays back conformed to 24p, but when I export, even to 24P when i put into Premiere its still in 50fps.  What am I missing? 

Anyone else have a nice up to date workflow using RAWMagic > Resolve > Premiere > Resolve > Premiere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

hjfilmspeed

Yes you can un squeeze in resolve. Its in one of the tools in the color tab but i cant remember what its called. It will allow you to stretch the height of the frame. I usually go by sight till it fills my aspect ratio but i believe there is an exact number to stretch by. 1.62 i think? Any way once you have done one stretch i suggest you copy and paste that node to the other clips that need to be stretched. it will save you some time.

Bo McKenzie

Thanks so much, will fumble around the color tab tomorrow!

Quote from: hjfilmspeed on January 16, 2014, 07:33:58 PM
Yes you can un squeeze in resolve. Its in one of the tools in the color tab but i cant remember what its called. It will allow you to stretch the height of the frame. I usually go by sight till it fills my aspect ratio but i believe there is an exact number to stretch by. 1.62 i think? Any way once you have done one stretch i suggest you copy and paste that node to the other clips that need to be stretched. it will save you some time.

gary2013

it's usually 1.66.

qudus

how do i unsqueee it? its fustrating not being able to.  :( :(

Audionut

allemyr

Thank you very much!! It's in the sizing tab with in the color tab. Nice!