"Sunday Morning Silence", my first ML raw video! (full workflow explained)

Started by robbie75vr, February 23, 2014, 09:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbie75vr

This is my first video captured in raw with 5D mark III ML. Intended to look very natural.

Captured in Manual Exposure (1/50th f2,8 25fps) with auto iso on Lexar 128GB CF cards, converted to cinemaDNG with RAW Magic, imported in DaVinci Resolve, decoded using clip, color space BMD Film, gamma BMD film, applied a LUT (Blackmagic Cinema Camera Film to rec709), adjusted the exposure in the camera raw panel (+1,5 to all clips) and made color temperature and tint correction to neutralize the colorcast of ND filters. Exported ProRes422(hq) files. Edited in FCPX, added small amounts of saturation (very small).

Filmed using 5D Mark III on tripod, with Nikon 70-200 VRII on all clips (f2.8 all clips) and Tiffen NDIR filter (1.5).

pilgrim

Very beautiful clip.
You got it : intended to look very natural !
The colours are there as real and not over saturated  :) :) .
The clip (with ambiance sound and slow pace cutting) reflect the title.
Nice objective, by the way  ;).

Canon eos m

Love the floating leaf over the water section. The grading is fantastic! Could the ND have something to do with that? The quality of the bokeh and the smooth rollover at the fringes proves the power of the 70-200mm yet again!
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

pind

how did you get sound ? :D  i have 5d3 and my build is 1.1.3 with nigthly december 17 + kpb 1000x 64Gb (since then i didnt shoot nothing due to a lack off time)

nice warm collor AND NICE BOOKEH!!!

keep up the good work!
My first RAW with ML  --->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvztBDW2mWc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUppNuhISexbdjO8Rg-3YbBA 5D3 + ML Canon 28-70mm f2.8 17-35mm f2.8

Danielbyron

nice work! Very peaceful. I'm just getting into ML and I'm thinking to probably use the same workflow as you did. Premiere is a tad cost prohibitive