[DONE] Digital Gradient ND filter

Started by nplion, April 05, 2014, 04:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nplion

Hello,
I have an idea, but I don't know if is it possible to be done. It will be useful for a landscape shooting with the light sky and dark ground for example.

Take a look at the picture.

So, moving up and down the user will set the Position 1 and Position 2, and also may set different ISO for that positions. For example ISO 100 for Position 1 and ISO 800 for Position 2, and the area from Pos1 to Pos2 will gradually changing ISO from top Pos1 to button Pos2 giving digital gradient effect to the image.

dmilligan

Impossible and already discussed: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7703

Just use dual ISO and apply the filter in post.

nplion

Ok, sorry for duplicate question. I was looking before posting for the answer, but I did't find that topic.
Thanks anyway.

The problem with dual ISO is that you lose some quality.

tjaja

But with slitscan you could right? If you are framing a static subject maybe under 5 seconds every line with a different iso/shutter
5DFree, 550D, canon 50mm 1.4

chmee

:D wasting shutter-actuations? okok, you could do it via liveview - but why that action, if you could just do it with dualiso or simplier with bracketing.. generating an action/script in photoshop shouldnt be the problem. one-click. ready. done.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

tjaja

Just reready My comment...shutter is idiotic haha
5DFree, 550D, canon 50mm 1.4