Son of Batch MLV -Mac Batch convert Magic Lantern MLV to DNG+Prores

Started by derkiki, April 05, 2014, 04:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derkiki

Son of Batch is back! Son of Batch MLV

Drag files from source list to batch list or doubleclick.
Tab to show preview - scrub MLV
Set in and out points
Set white balance
Select ProRes quality
Click "Submit" to launch batch script
Press return to launch MLRawViewer from Son of Batch for realtime previews.
Click "?" for help

Tested on Mac OS 10.7.5

Please comment!

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33739909/Son_of_Batch_MLV.zip

JoshuOne

This should simplify things enormously... too bad 60D is only 960 res ::)

Danne

DavidSh

Thank you , nice tool.

Noticed:
1. DNG come out without wb info, tint and temapture opens at acr to left.
2. i had to set fps to each clip.
3. resolution is not recognize well, all vids looks like 2080x1038 - source was 1920x850

i used 5d3 1.2.3, osx mavericks.

Is there a chance to have an cdng export also?

mlviewer opens and export well.

Cheers
David
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

derkiki

Thanks,
resolution etc. seem to be bugs in mlv_dump, which Son of Batch MLV uses. Will look into it.

Try turning off "Fix Black Level" in MLV Module in Camera. That fixed the tint stuff for me.

DavidSh

Quote from: derkiki on April 05, 2014, 02:03:31 PM
Thanks,
resolution etc. seem to be bugs in mlv_dump, which Son of Batch MLV uses. Will look into it.

Try turning off "Fix Black Level" in MLV Module in Camera. That fixed the tint stuff for me.

Thanks i will try
so Cdng is not possible because of the mlv_dump?
600D | 5D3 | macOS Sierra | http://www.GentleDogMovie.com

silvertonesx24

Yes! Son of Batch was my preferred raw converter, great to see it out for MLV!

kopruch

Thanks for that, Kind Sir :)

Son of Batch was my favourite RAW program. Will test it on MLVs as soon as possible.

You have made an INCREDIBLE job with the previous version - the HalfRes workflow is perfect for me!

hateom

macleod92

Fantastic to see Son of Batch now on MLV.

Quick point though, could we get a way of going back up to the target folder?  If you click on the wrong folder you have to quit the program to go back.  I may well be wrong.. please do tell me if I am.

derkiki

budafilms

Quote from: derkiki on April 05, 2014, 04:28:16 AM
Son of Batch is back! Son of Batch MLV

Drag files from source list to batch list or doubleclick.
Tab to show preview - scrub MLV
Set in and out points
Set white balance
Select ProRes quality
Click "Submit" to launch batch script
Press return to launch MLRawViewer from Son of Batch for realtime previews.
Click "?" for help

Tested on Mac OS 10.7.5

Please comment!

DOWNLOAD: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33739909/Son_of_Batch_MLV.zip

Wonderfull work!
- Only works with MLV
- Audio doesn´t fit into the length of the video - in DAVINCI 11
- When you download the app it works, but when you translate in Applications folder, say it´s an error - Mavericks 10.9.3
- Cosmetic issue in the first windows say 2080 x 1318 and I did shots 1920-1080.

Can we have the old one and the new one in one software? - RAW and MLV?

Thanks!

logjacob

I can not get this app running on OSX 10.9.3. It asks for passwor.? I do not have any password for my adiminstrator user profile, when I do hit the "Enter" nothing happens. Please help. Screenshots are here:

http://files.fm/u/jjhwerv

budafilms

Quote from: logjacob on July 01, 2014, 12:26:38 AM
I can not get this app running on OSX 10.9.3. It asks for passwor.? I do not have any password for my adiminstrator user profile, when I do hit the "Enter" nothing happens. Please help. Screenshots are here:

http://files.fm/u/jjhwerv

System Preferences >Security and Privacy> Click the Lock (Below to your left) > Allow App from ANYWHERE ;)

budafilms

pipe:0: Input/output error
frame= 3058 fps=7.6 q=4.0 Lsize=  462063kB time=00:02:02.32 bitrate=30945.2kbits/s   
video:462047kB audio:0kB subtitle:0 data:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.003467%
QuickViewer Batch Complete.
logout

sines

First.. thank you for making this..

On my first try, the folder navigation thing is a bit wonky...

So I exported 4 MLV files

and this is what I got:

I unchecked .DNG [which is what I did first time] and instead I get folders of .dn files [?] but no ProRes Quicktime movies.

Would be nice if you could make it so we can select multiple files from multiple directories.. and change directories if necessary before we start exporting.
What might I be doing incorrectly with export? Do I need to install some other secret stuff?

MlRawViewer may work one at time but I can use it to export .movs at least..

/projects/wes20140905_wesgordonSS15/footage/CAM04_Todd/CAM04_Todd_CardA/M05-1130/*.dng: No such file or directory
ffmpeg version 2.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Mar 25 2014 15:00:55 with llvm-gcc 4.2.1 (LLVM build 2336.11.00)
  configuration: --prefix=/Volumes/Ramdisk/sw --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-version3 --enable-libspeex --enable-libvpx --disable-decoder=libvpx --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-avfilter --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libopencore_amrnb --enable-filters --enable-libgsm --arch=x86_64 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
  libavutil      52. 66.100 / 52. 66.100
  libavcodec     55. 52.102 / 55. 52.102
  libavformat    55. 33.100 / 55. 33.100
  libavdevice    55. 10.100 / 55. 10.100
  libavfilter     4.  2.100 /  4.  2.100
  libswscale      2.  5.102 /  2.  5.102
  libswresample   0. 18.100 /  0. 18.100
  libpostproc    52.  3.100 / 52.  3.100
[image2pipe @ 0x7fa43a80f000] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: ppm): unspecified size
Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
pipe:0: could not find codec parameters
QuickViewer Batch Complete.
logout

Or am I missing something?
Director | DoP | Creative Director
Arri Alexa · Arri IIC · Arritechno 35-90 · Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K · Canon 5D MKIII · DJI Focus, Matrice 600, Inspire 2, Ronin, Ronin-MX · Zeiss Standard Speeds · Zeiss Superspeed Contax Primes

budafilms

sines

So it seems. Is there a nice way to get MLV Raw Viewer to batch? When it opens single clips I shot yesterday with MLV Raw Viewer, they are only exporting 10-20% of the clip duration whereas Son of Batch does the whole thing [but, creates a lot more mess]
Arri Alexa · Arri IIC · Arritechno 35-90 · Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K · Canon 5D MKIII · DJI Focus, Matrice 600, Inspire 2, Ronin, Ronin-MX · Zeiss Standard Speeds · Zeiss Superspeed Contax Primes

sines

Read almost every comment. Somehow I'm missing how to batch process clips with the same setting. Can you point me to the post?

dmilligan

Quote from: sines on September 16, 2014, 03:37:17 PM
Read almost every comment
I guess you didn't read the very first one then:
• C - Export all files in the current directory using the current settings

And if you have any more questions about that program, you should probably post in that thread, not here.

sines

kopruch

Excuse me, does anybody still have the Son of Batch MLV? I've lost the install file and now the link is dead :(

Don't let that program die - some people loved that workflow :)

NitromanX