Just bricked my 700D

Started by Timar, July 17, 2015, 04:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timar

It seems I have just managed to brick my 700D. I have no idea whether due to coincidence or a potential serious issue with Magic Lantern, but it seems a rather strange coincidence.

After suscessfully flashing to the new firmware 1.1.4, I then sucsessfully flashed the current Magic Lantern nightly build 02/07 and used the camera for a while, including several restarts. Only after inserting another SD card containing an outdated 1.1.3 build of Magic Latern (which I realized only later) the camera failed to start up and the red LED began to blink constantly. I removed the battery and inserted the previous card with the current build but still the camera fails to start and the light is blinking.

I have no idea what to do now  :'(

Walter Schulz

Remove card, remove battery. Insert battery. Startup cam without card. Result?
If camera starts up: Format card inside cardreader and start with this one. Works now without ML?

Timar

Yes, it works! Thanks a lot, you really saved my day!

Still it seems odd why it wouldn't start even with the previous card inserted, which worked before and contained the current build. do you have any exlanation for this odd coincidence? I even tried it with ML deleted from the card.

Walter Schulz

If you deleted ML files and directory from the card you caused the error you described. See FAQ and Installation Guide.

Timar

I see. However, I only deleted it after it didn't work anymore (after inserting the card with the wrong build). Anyway, thanks again!